Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Let's widen the appeal here a bit.
Joe Pritchard
#1 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2005 2:19:34 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
It is so great to see more people show up in here. I'm sure that Barb has some great photos. I'm looking forward to see some of them.
I look forward to seing you post a few pieces around here.

Joe P.
Joe Pritchard
#2 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2005 9:32:08 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Laura Rosebottom sent Me a picture the other day that was taken at Chiemsee in the the 1980's and it had a about a dozen people in it and it took a couple of emails to get the names straight. She new them all. I didn't.
I also got an emaild recently from a frequent guest who spent Christmas 1954 at Chiemsee. The attached photo showed the Fireplace room looking pretty much as I remember it in the 80's.
The point is let's get a few more pictures on line and expand it beyond the current limited core from the 70's.
Doris Sumner poped up on line and that led to others posting in rsponse
I got a postcard about this years Reunion bing in Montana. I'm scheduling the time off and starting a little savings plan to make sure that I make it this year.
I don't expect that I'll be skiing unles the doctor says so, but I'm sure that I'll enjoy the time just relaxing and getting to know some that I haven't met and meeting some that I haven't seen in years.
I'm not the same person that I was back then. If you wanna chance to point and laugh at the expanded waistline, thinning hair just show up for the Reunion. I don't have kids but I expect that most people I knew at AFRC do. I'm sure kids can have a great time as well.
When we were younger we weere a lot wilder and drank a bit to much at times and were a lot wilder in other ways as well. Well, we all aged. I'm sure that we will be a little more civil at the Reunion then we used to be. Hey we must be or nobody would ever allow us back.*smile*
So this year, let's expand the support base here.
Got a picture from back then submit for the Photo gallery here.
Wanna see the support base grow? Then post some of those photos!
Coming to the reunion? Bring the Photos and your Memories. I'm sure that we can find ways to pass the time even if you don't ski!
doris
#3 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 7:59:21 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Barbara

it is so wonderful to hear from you. And yes, I do remember the day Sumner went head first into the dock and split his head open. Thank god there were so many friends around. There was a party that night or maybe the following night at the Frasdorf lodge ( what a great place that was) with my first intro to Tacos. Reading on it brings back so many great memories and things I have almost forgotten a bit. I remember the Waldheim back when the TDY's still lived there, and the many crazy parties there too. Sometimes I tell friends about my time at Chiemsee and they look at me like: yeah, right, you are making all that up.

Now I am a single mom of 7 year old Maximilian living in New Orleans and Mardi Gras is in full swing already. New Orleans is probably the craziest place I ever lived , besides Chiemsee. Sumner and I split 12 years ago, and he lives in Mobile, Alabama.

Working at Chiemsee along with all the great and crazy and unconventional and and...     folks was and still is an experience of a lifetime.                                         

doris

Barbara Herrler
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:33:51 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Doris!

I remeber you very well! I met you and Sumner in the big end room of the Waldheim when the old bar was still standing in it! I later lived there myself!

You were a very beautiful red-headed girl...Sumner, the exotic Hawaiian, who loved to show off water-skiing and subsequently smashed into the dock! LOL!

Let us all keep in touch!

Love

Barbara

Don't remember the kitten however I am very happy that you had it for so long.

Barbara Herrler
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:26:38 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Doris,

I remember you well! First met you in the big end room of the Waldheim before I even worked at AFRC. It still had a big bar in it. I klived there later. Yes, you the beautiful red-head and Sumner the exotic Hawaiian, who loved to show off waterskiing and subsequently smashed into the dock! LOL! I dont#t remember the kitten but am very happy that you had it for so long! Keep in touch!

Love

Barbara

Barbara Herrler
#6 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2009 4:20:32 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Sorry for the double message but I received a failed transmission report and wrote it agan! Ooops!

Barbara Herrler

G.-F.-Händel Str. 1

73663 Berglen

Tel/Fax (0)7195 986535

bherrler@onlinehome.de

doris
#7 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2009 9:09:58 PM

Medals:

Groups:

hello Barbara

you might not remember me, but do you remeber the little kitten you gave me in 85? I named him Cookie and he traveled all over the world with me for 19 years. Dearly miss him.  doris

Barbara Herrler
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:05:09 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Joe!

I also shall be submitting a score of photos. I have great Fasching and toga shots from 1979 on.

Keep up the communicating. It's great!

Love

Barbara

doris
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2009 2:45:58 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Joe,
as soon as I get a little room, I will look for all the Chiemsee pictures. And I know I have a ton of them. It might take me a while to scan and then send them, but promise... I will.
doris