Tag as favorite
No New Year's Eve like The Chiemsee or Bgaden New Year's Eve
Mike
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 3:35:39 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Joe,
well VERY silent Chiemsee this and the following years.
CRA is become to be handed back to "Bundesfinanzverwaltung" in Feb 05.

Don't know if you know me, was working ski-issue with mick and ron and dave, later on in the boathouse with mark and toni.

Greets mike
Barbara Herrler
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 3:39:24 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Joe!

I totally agree with you on the New Year's Eve scene at the Chiemsee. B'Gaden blunderbusses seemed to scare the shit out of lots of people. I remember when Frazier dove under his bed that night thinking WW3 had broken out!

Hope all is well with you and yours?

Love the picture taken in the bar at Chiemsee you posted (with Annette and Juliette)

More soon.

Barbara

Bill Sutherland
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 3:42:46 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Mike;

Whats your last name? It says Joseph Maltan? Are you related to the old mayor of Bischofswiesen?

Bill

Mike
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 3:52:21 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Bill,
whell about around 16 corners :-)
It's a common family-name in B'gaden, where i'm from.
Do you remember me from CRA ?
I can't bring your pic up in my brain.
Greets Mike
Bill Sutherland
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 9:29:18 PM

Medals:

Mike,

I spent about twenty years there, between Bad Toelz and B'gaden, -- I even opened “Bill's Bar in Bischofswiesen” and later sold it.... had two studios (foto) closed it all, (too many stories there!!) I married a Koenigssee girl- (1976) Erika Bogner and we even had four kids born there...(actually one the others three were born in Bad Toelz).

So I guess you are German right? Da hatten wir Deutsche reden koennen?? Von 1990 bis 1994 habe ich eine photo studio in Berchtesgaden und falls du meine geschicht immer noch nicht kennst, gehe zu meine web site “http://www.sgtbilly.smugmug.com”  da sind Bilder von mir und meine familie.

Grusse Dich aus Virginia...

Servus und see ya later...

Bill

julieandsiobhan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 6:30:51 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Barbara

Julie Young here. Do you remember me? I knew you when you were with Mr Ed?

Scottish, worked in accounting with Cheryl Glamm, Manuella etc.

I'm doing a portfolio right now and was looking on the web for pictures of Chiemsee when I stumbled upon this great site! Congratulations to Christina! That's great news.

Siobhan and I moved to Minnesota in 2002. I married an American that Barney set me up with. And yes, it is cold enough. I missed Germany so much that I've been in school for the last two years training to be a German teacher! Student teaching this spring und dann bin ich fertig!! Siobhan was 8 last week and I'm wishing she would stop getting any older! Susan ( from Susan and Fritz) had a little boy last september and gave him the good old german name of Markus. By the way Paul (Paul and Polly) lives an hour away from me but I've never found the time to give them a call.

Glad to hear you are doing well

liebe gruesse

Julie

Barbara Herrler
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 6:53:36 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello beautiful ladies!

I am soooo pleased to hear from you. I would love to see some pictures of you both! How about giving us an email address or a phone number or both. There is much to talk about I am sure. I know what you mean about not wanting them to grow up...heck, my little girl is 30 and has a little girl of her own!

God bless you both and keep you well.

Get back in touch!

Love

Barbara

Mike
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:50:19 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Bill,
Nice pic's on your site.
Your guess was right,i am german.
Where was Bill's Bar in B'wiesen ?
Did you live in Stangass ?
Habe die Ehre
Mike ( Josef is the middle name )

julieandsiobhan
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:53:27 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Barbara

our e-mail address is julieandsiobhan@yahoo.com.

I have to rush to an appointment right now but would love to hear from and we can correspond per e-mail privately without posting our gossiping for all to see!!??

julie

Bill Sutherland
#10 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2005 3:38:02 PM

Medals:

Mike-

Sorry I missed your post... I had a bar named “Bill's American Bar” it now called Harrys in Bischofwiesen. Next to “Gran Sasso”- I had it from 1992-1995... rent was way out of line...

But what I remember on New Years Eve, I joined the Weilnachtsschutzen in 1977, I was the first “Ami” to ever be accepted into the “Schutzen”... I still have my “Boeller”, which my first born son will inherit. *g -

I used to love those holidays going shooting and just having good ole fun... I know that if I were still there, I'd be in Bischofswiesen, (as the tradition goes) with both of my boys shooting on the 12 days of Christmas... every day at 14:45- (2:45 pm)-

In 1998/99 on new years I decided to fire it on our street where I own a home, needless to say, the neighbors called the cops, and they showed up, after I showed it to them they warned me but let me go.

Bill Sutherland
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 3:41:38 PM

Medals:

Julie;

Wenn du sowie so Deutscher Lehrer bis kannst mich sagen wo genau Barnie lebt? Wohnt er oben in Minnesota auch? Mensch ist das da oben kalt? Pfui teufel??  Or are you Scottish? what part of Scotland did you come from?

Bill -(aye lassie... with a name like “Sutherland” did ya think I'm German???)

dmac
#12 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2005 4:27:19 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Christmas in Berchtesgaden was truly a beautiful magic time of year, times which I will always remember!

dadosteel
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2005 4:39:35 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I won't forget the Christmas of 75 I spent in B'gaden. I remember one night where it was snowing gently, I watched St. Nick and the Krumpus run by the houses below as I stood looking down from the little fence by the Watzmann movie theater. It all seems surreal now. But it was truly a magical time for me. Thank God I have my memories to last me my lifetime.

Joe Pritchard
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:22:00 AM

Medals:

Groups:

I will always remeber the New Year's Eve's along the shore of Chiemsee. Stepping out along the lake side of the hotel and seeing at first a few splashes of Fireworks here and there around the lake and then they would build up only to fade away. All the while the fireworks would would be reflected off an almost always calm lake that night, some times frozen or even covered in snow.
In Berchtesgaden there were the thubderous sound of the old blunderbusses going off in the surrounding mountains that echoed across the town.
Here I'll step out side with with a house full of friends and cross the street to see the fireworks on the Space Needle set to music.
I'ld take Chiemsee or Berchtesgaden any time.
Happy New Year! Everybody where ever you may be! may the year bring you all you want and may that be more then you deserve.

Joe P.