Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Chip Young died Aug 5th....B,gaden and Chiemsee 70-74
lambo
#1 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2004 9:03:11 PM

Medals:

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Roger just phoned me and gave me a website where you can leavea message for Chips' parents; lakeviewfuneral.com , then click on on-line memorials and leave a messge for Chips' family.

Those of you who knew Chip, please  do this to show his parents and family that he meant a lot to all of us.

Paul S. Lambres aka;afrcpaul

Deb Young
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2004 12:30:06 AM

Medals:

Groups:

I just wanted to add that it appears Chip had recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had watched his brother die a few years ago and knew he didn't want to put anyone through that.  His motorcycle buddies will be taking his ashes down the coast of Oregon and scattering them...just like what Chip did with his brother's ashes.    debbie young
Deb Young
#3 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2005 3:15:12 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Aloha AFRC family, 

I just heard that my ex-husband Chip Young took his life on August 5th.  Chip and I had met in B-Gaden in 72 and married in 76.  We got divorced 15 years later but always remained close friends.  I stayed in Hawaii and Chip moved on to LA and then up to Idaho.  He cherished all his AFRC buddies.  He had great memories of AFRC days and any of the reunions he was able to make.  Just a few months ago he asked for old slides and I boxed up ALL his old Germany pictures and sent them to him.  I know that recently he had been living with Roger Thrush up in Idaho.  He had recently gotten a couple of dogs from the shelter, loved riding his motorcycle, worked at a ski hill, loved sailplaning, and even started playing music at at bar in Montana on weekends. The world is a sadder place without him.        debbie young

dayoung@pixi.com