Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
AFRC TIMELINE
kelly03germany
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2004 9:02:10 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
What a great idea! You may download some of the photos I have from B'gaden under kelly03germany in the yahoo pics. There are several and I am trying to still download several more. I won't be able to summit any stoires until end of July as I am in the middle of a move to VA.
kelly03germany
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2004 5:46:53 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Jim, Joe runs the OverseasBrats newsletter-I had forwarded this as I know he has an issue coming out in the next few months-the email came to me instead of you.Kelly

Hi Jim!
   Will share this in my next email update to all.
   Have a terrific day!
                Joe Condrill

JAMES CAREY
#3 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2004 11:22:16 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Members

KELLY / JOE:
Thanks.............will be looking forward for it.

Jim

hultsman
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2004 4:48:31 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Just chance landed me here and I am most delighted to be able to share the information and memories I possess.  

I was at Chiemsee as the Medic for about 18 months.  I met my wife there (now former wife) and she has many pieces of information as she worked there off and on for almost three years while a student at University of Maryland in Munich.  (Her father was an Air Force Colonel stationed at Ramstein).  Many of our friends from those years are still in contact with us and many others are lost to us and we would like to find them once again.

The years spend there were from 1968 through 1969.  Lots of great stories, pictures, etc. 

I will send them to the email address above.............   

JAMES CAREY
#5 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 11:44:39 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Members

I am now in the process of writing the AFRC Berchtesgaden TIMELINE.  In order to do this I need your help.

This is for anyone connected to AFRC at Berchtesgaden, Chiemsee, Garmisch and the Columbia Hotel in Munich.   You could have been a civilian working there, member of the National Ski Patrol and/or Water Safety Patrol (Lifeguard), permanent party, dependent, military brat, etc.

Please send me a letter telling something about your time at AFRC, what you did, the period of time and anything else you think might be of interest.   Also if you are looking for anyone special, their name.

If you have any photos you want published please send those to me as well along with names of the people in the photos and what the photo represents.

Once I have all this information I will format a letter with each and every letter and it will be sent to each of you. 

Since many of us do not attend any of the annual gatherings this might be the answer to many questions.

I am looking for everybody........1946 until 1995.   Military, family members, civilian employees, guests, etc.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.  Let's give this our all.

If you know of anyone that is not on the lists please get in touch with them and ask that they pass the information back to me.

So far I have had quite a few responses and with great information.  Once this whole thing is put together I will release it.  At the rate it is going I just might have something in the fall.

Please send any and all information to my Email address: james.carey@dfas.mil

Thanks

JIM CAREY