Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Band Aid Concert and other Memories
trevor cox
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:39:25 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Jo I have very fond memories of your "open door policy" It always brings back very happy thoughts about my days abroad. I use to live in Salzburg before AFRC so I was used to the way of life. Working at AFRC taught me about the bigger picture and gave me a good introduction to the American way of life and many good friends.

What happened to the English group? Do you have any contacts anymore? Looking at the AFRC web site it seems like a great idea and one that I will certainly be staying in touch with.

For my part after leaving Bayern I travelled some more, then landed back in blighty where I have been for all these years. Lost touch with everyone but would like to rekindle the memories of those heady days we all lived.

If any one would like to contact me direct my email is

tcox@farrer.co.uk.

PS I would love to hear from:

Mark Wakeman.
Ron Estrela
The English girls Yvonne, Caroline
Big Al
Joe Pritchard
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:46:21 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Trevor Cox wrote that he remebered the Band Aid Concert and that reminded Me that i was working that day and came home to find Mitzi had sort of invited a few people over to the apartment and they had invited a few and well, by the time I walked in the place was so full nobody seemed to notice. It was a hot day, every window in the place was open. Out side it was a beautiful day, but nobody was out on the balcony, everyone was just amazed at what was on the was on the screen.
For the people that came there later, at that time there was no TV at Chiemsee except what the Germans broadcast and most people in employee houseing didn't have a TV.
I lived in Bernau at the time and had a rather large TV and most of what I would have had if I lived in the states, hundred of videos, a stereo, so a lot of people used to spend a lot of time at the house.
It was a good time. I'm glad that I had it. I often wonder what happed to some of the people I used to see just about everyday. I've heard from a few, very few, and it was good to see Trevor pop up.