Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Fireworks on the Lake
hultsman
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:06:10 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

First visit to the website and it appears that you are quite active with the information.  I appreciate the effort and the awakening of old memories. 

I was “the medic” at Chiemsee from June of 1968 until December of 1969.  One of the most enjoyable times of my life.  I met my wife there and though divorced, we often talk of those wonderful times.  Taking the ambulance to Bad Aibling to bake cookies for the dispensary folks, making runs to the Class VI store for cigarettes and booze to give our German friends,etc. 

I was stationed with the 42nd Medical Company in Munich but seldom went there; knew the folks at BA and Bertchesgaden better.  I remember most of the excellent events at the hotel and have tons of old pictures.

I go to Europe a lot and have been back to Bavaria many times since both as a vacationer and as a businessman.  

I didnt have a lot of time to browse through all of these threads but I am very much delighted at the interest and the site.

Joe Pritchard
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:22:00 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
It was always great to see the fire works on the lake at Chiemsee. Not that it happened every year. But when it did it was cool.
Now I live just up the hill from Lake Union in Seattle and there will be the fireworks over the lake here. But there will be about 250,000 watching here as opposed a to the few hundred at Chiemsee.
The Fireworks will be set to music. I'll turn the boob tube around in the front room so that you can see the on screen shots as well as the the Fireworks that pop up over the tree tops.
I'll fire up the grills and have the coolers full of ice by noon. There will be music in the back yard and the front yard. There will be people speaking German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Swedish, Chinese, and English.
It's a collection of people that either moved to Seattle from overseas and Americans that lived overseas for some time. A little drinking, a little dancing, a lot of good times.
In many respects it's a lot like a 4th on Chiemsee. But it ain't the same exactly, *smile* And while I'm having a good time, I'll hoist a mug of cold brew to all those I knew and hope the day is good for you.
Happy 4th Gang!