Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Chiemsee -- early 80´s
Steffi
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2004 12:23:48 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Well, well, well so many familiar names and it´s great to read about them all. Funny how those times seem to stay with us. More than 20 years have gone by and lot´s of things have happened to all of us since then, but still, the memories of Chiemsee stay strong.

I was at Chiemsee from 82 to 84 and first worked in tours with (or against) Fr. Braun and with Dr. John, Joe Pritchard, Juliette and the rest of the gang. I later moved to Major Mullins office and worked there with Bert Tavender, Teresa, Bob Devine et al. Spend a lot of time at the round table in the bar and lived in Bernau in a little basement apartment.

After Chiemsee came Munich and a real job as an editor for a computer magazine. For the last 10 years or so, I´ve been living in the boonies around Bad Aibling, married with 2 kids, Lea (11) and Selina (5). Quite the normal life of a German mom. Still working part time.

I watched the decline of Chiemsee and also Bad Aibling. Quite sad, but then it was never the same after we left. Chiemsee left quietly, no big bashes (at least not as far as I know). Bad Aibling had major parades and big parties.

I´d love to hear from anyone who remembers me (and maybe from some who don´t).

Greetings from cold, snowy Bavaria

Steffi

George Archer
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2005 11:20:41 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Debbie, how's it going.

Long time no hear. The last time I saw you was when we all (dave, cliff etc came over to your place in birkenhead) and we all got pissed, well at least I did. So, what have you been up to - still living in england, oder. How's Anne. Is Gary still alive. The last I heard from him he was building guitars somewhere in the midlands (could be mistaken). I see Barbara is on here somewhere. She's actually living not to far from where I'm living i.e. just outside Stuttgart. So, keep in touch as there's still a lot of other people outthere that are a bit shy about posting but I know they read the mails.....

Talk to you soon

George

Barbara Herrler
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2005 4:46:24 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Georgie,

You're joking! You're living around here as well? Where are you? Would love to see you! Give me a call! 07195/986535. Hope to hear from you soon! Hey is that Debbe who was with Gary Hoffmeister? I remember you, too! Hope all is well? How's life? Take care all!

Love

Barbara

Rob Robinson
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2005 5:12:17 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Steffi.  I think you may have arrived in Chiemsee just as I was leaving for Garmisch. Loved seeing all of the old pics, especially the ones of the farmhouse and big round drinking table.  Do you know or have any contact information on Scotty Jones, Lance, or Kieran?. We were all there for about two years, 80 to 82.  Rob Robinson