2 Pages12>
Tag as favorite
Greetings from an AFRC civilian from 1981-83
sharphippy
#1 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2005 5:34:05 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Hello to all you AFRC people out there..... I was a civilian/LN working in Garmisch during 1981-83 and lived in the legendary (back then) Room 29 of the Annex.... (we had a very well-known "shithead board" for the men that pissed us off for any reason!) - I shared a room with the Scouse sisters Pam and Barbie...  and enjoyed so many good times.  I remember the Hippy Bar being built (mostly to stop us lot drinking in the hotels and getting rowdy).  Names that come to mind from those days include Pam and Barbie (of course), Jane (from Australia I think), Lesal, "little" Jackie, Barney, Belinda, "Butcher" Bill, Sharron (from Grays I think... she later married a GI but I cant remember his name), Mark (barman at the Grill), Danny (who doesnt remember him)?, Big Tim, Rick, Jamie, and there was a guy who had a permanently orange tan but I have forgotten his name.  I still keep in touch with Sheri Leland (shortbutt) but have lost touch with all others.  I was travelling with a mate called Andrea and we were both known as "oogs"... dont know if anybody out there remembers us?  I married (and later divorced) a GI called Bernie (ski patrol B-Gaden).... and my name back then was Jackie West. 

Would love to hear from any of you from those days...

rickysums
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2006 5:44:46 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Sue, so there really is someone out there!Great to hear from you. I've made some other entries on the site under the name 'Rickysums' (derivative of stage name - still playing after all these years!!) Went skiing in GaP 1st week of Feb - didn't meet a soul, prob didn't look in the right places - my god hasn't the place changed since I was last there in '99, My E-mail is freewheelintp@btconnect.com and I live in Bournemouth. Still with Veronique, bin married 24 years! Keep in touch via this site or on my E-mail. Lotta catchin' up to do!!!!! Roger (Animal)

Lekylark
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2006 11:15:59 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Roger,

I was just looking through some old photos & found one of you & Veronique, I will see if I can scan it, also have one of Paul (That was your son's name right??) in a dress at some fasching party, what is he doing these days??

If you are in Garmisch again you need to go to the Irish pub by the Rathaus, you can normally find someone in there from the “old days”

Well gotta get back to work

Später

Lekylark
#4 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2006 8:59:33 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Roger,

I was just looking through some old photos & found one of you & Veronique, I will see if I can scan it, also have one of Paul (That was your son's name right??) in a dress at some fasching party, what is he doing these days??

If you are in Garmisch again you need to go to the Irish pub by the Rathaus, you can normally find someone in there from the “old days”

Später

Lekylark
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2006 9:53:58 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Roger,

Später

Lekylark
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:32:02 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Harley,

it is now pretty much impossible to get in to any of the tents on weekends unless you have a reservation or get there at the crack of dawn to queue up, a lot of the reservations are in time blocks, 12-5pm, 5pm -10pm etc & a lot of businesess buy up the reservations to give to clients etc, so it's also pretty hard to even get reservations. Weekdays are not as bad but it's still pretty hard to get a seat unless you are there early enough, gone are the days of going up on a whim & walking stright in to a tent and an empty table

BeckyGaroutte
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2006 8:08:14 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Greetings Jayne,

It's so good to hear from you again!!!  How have you been?  I've missed you (and all Garmischer's) a lot and fondly remember all of our wonderful times.  I'm so glad you answered this message....and that I read it!!  I just spent last weekend with Gabi Felber up in NYC, reminiscing of all our fantastic times together (i.e., Barbara's in Locarno, breakfast, fest's, concerts, sports, etc...). 

I recently moved from Hawaii (remember that trip, eh?  hehe) to San Diego.  If you can set me up with a job in Sydney...let me know!!!!! 

Please keep in touch: (808) 366-0009, reglajolla@hotmail.com, or garouttere@psns.navy.mil.

Great hearing from you, hope all is well with you and your's, and hope to talk/see you again soon!!!   Weren't we supposed to meet at the Sheraton Hotel in Instanbul for the Year 2000?   

Becky, xoxo

phosphateb
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2006 1:05:33 AM

Medals:

Groups:

If you are Australian i remember you.

sharphippy
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2007 7:24:58 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Bill... we may have known each other but I have such trouble remembering the names of everybody from back then.. Im pretty good at remembering the faces tho.  If I can dig out an old pic from those days I will post it on here.  Yes Bernie was stationed in B-Gaden but it was in about 1980.... so you may have known him.  I cant remember the name Paul Schneider...

I will look for my old photos

Take care

Jackie

rickysums
#10 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2007 2:01:47 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi, I was there (!) in GAP from 1979 - 1985 so our paths must have crossed - I knew the Scouse Sisters (phew!) I worked as a full time musician at the Gen Abrams but frequented all the usual Hotspots of the day. If you're still keeping up with the site then reply to this and I will give more comprehensive update of those heady days.Very best wishes Roger Bethell, drummer, Times Square
Jayne
#11 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2007 9:43:26 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi there, I was in GAP from 1984-1987 I didn't really have a nick name just was known as Canadian Jayne.  I recognise alot of the names however don't have much information.  Belinda is living near Brisbane, Australia and has 3 kids. I am in Sydney, as is Annabel, Magic Bus (he recently became a father) and Fat Face.  The are all well.-

I am trying to get in touch with Becky (Garoud?) an American girl who was there with her mum at the time.  We have lost touch and would love to contact her again she was last living in Washington DC area.

I miss those days in GAp and have been back a few times, last year with my family in a campervan.  Carolyn and Jacs (from those days and earlier) and little Jakie (they are in the UK) are heading back to GAP in Feb to go skiing. I am jealous!

Lets reminise....

jayne

sharphippy
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2007 10:06:57 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Ricky

I must have know you because we (the girls from the Annex to include the Scouse Sisters) were always in the bars and certainly spent time at the Abrams.... Im sure we would have boogied to the band... yes update me!

Cheers, jackie

sharphippy
#13 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 12:54:04 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Bernie Sharp.
Lekylark
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:28:16 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi all, this is Sue Leky, just had to say hello. Roger I do remember you from the band & also when you lived opposite us on Carl Reiser str, I was living with Brian Stratton & Janet & Steve Foskett.

I was in Garmisch a couple a few weeks ago & met up with Jackie, Jackie & Carolyn, we had a mini reunion in the Lodge (was pepi's) with myself, Barbie, Lynne, Scouse Sharon & Boyd, Karen...hope I didn't forget anyone.

Was also in Garmisch last weekend for Barbie's leaving party, she is leaving (has left) today to move to Oregon with Cliff, I will send her this site so she can add her own memories & news.

Ciao

Bill Sutherland
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:59:04 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Jackie;

For some reason your name is really familiar? Not sure why...I was in B'gaden (72-79)teaching skiing but left for Bad Toelz as a civilian. I'm pretty sure it might have been through some friends that knew Bernie? Did you know Paul Schneider? I bet if I saw a picture of you back then I would know it (or not).

Anyways... hello from Virginia.

Bill

jlt
#16 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2007 9:03:55 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi there, got your email.  What a nice surprise on Monday morning.  What kind of job are you looking for?  Sounds like you are footloose and fancy free?  Will look out for emails from you.  Great to finally track you down!  Don't remember the Istanbul connection, was very pregnant in 2000 with Jake my now 6 year old.  Where has the time gone?  Lots of love Jayne
rickysums
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:55:02 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Sue, Great that you've got some photos and yes it would be nice to see them. I'm just a little bit older looking these days but Veronique hasn't changed. Yes, my son's name was Paul and he lives a few miles away from me with his ever growing family - 4 to date! He runs his own building business whereas I now have my own motorcycle clothing business here in Bournemouth, check out www.freewheelintp.co.uk I still play in bands but not full time any more. I retired from full-time about 3 years ago. Mainly Country Rock and 50/60's Rock'n'Roll but I also like the Blues. You didn't say in your messages but are you back in the UK now? Cheers for now, keep in touch Roger

amiller
#18 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 2:53:20 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi--I am an Army brat and lived in GAP in the mid-eighties.  Are you looking for Becky Burriff?  I can probably get you her contact info. as my Mom knows the wherabouts of their family.  Let me know--Amy Miller amyamiller4@yahoo.com 
sharphippy
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:21:17 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Ricky

I must have known you because we (the girls from the Annex to include the Scouse Sisters) were always in the bars and certainly spent time at the Abrams.... Im sure we would have boogied to the band... yes update me!

Cheers, jackie

sharphippy
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:21:55 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Ricky

I must have known you because we (the girls from the Annex to include the Scouse Sisters) were always in the bars and certainly spent time at the Abrams.... Im sure we would have boogied to the band... yes update me!

Cheers, jackie