Tag as favorite
Garmicsh 76
Lowell
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2004 5:21:04 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Hello

Afrc ers I was in Garmisch mid 70/s looking for Stu, Gator, Mike, Steve Sabol, or Festus.

I was at Garmiasch Golf course celebrated our countrys Bi centennial in Garmisch with the Kanroskis and the rest of the Team.  It was grand summer and the and miss the last chance crowd I assure you.  What ever happened to Sonja.  Has any body seen the Montanna gal Hanna Box?   How bout you Bob Pofal are you accessing this site. These times were some of the best in my life I don't think anything could have replaced them.  Wasted trips down from Halfway Hause. partiyng with the troops at international bar &grill and great late night trips to Johns Club.

How bout Jim Panfil did anyone track him he was fixture in Garmisch for years as I understood.  Did Stue take eurpoe out and stay for awhile like he planned? So many questions I would ask if I ran into the ones who knew.  After summer with Fetus and Gang could any other summer be as good.

Lowell

potalaworld
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2005 3:18:24 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Lowell, I was talking to Bob Borzellino last night, & as far as I know Sonya is running the Kegelbahn opposite the Rosenstuberl (if it is still there) on Zugspitzstr. I believe Bomber & Goldie are still in Garmisch, Bomber worked at the golf course in between travelling to the most exotic places on the planet, like Yemen, Mongolia etc. I last saw them in Chiangmai, Thailand about 5 years ago, & have also bumped into them twice in Kathmandu, & once in Bangkok. Yes there were some fantastic times, rolling down from the Halfway house, boozing it up at the Chance.,raving at the Grill & afterwards Johns Club, with occasional walks outside to see the stars & re-invigorate our minds. I worked at the Grill in 73 as glasswasher, & then from 76 to 78 for the bavarians with Deutsche Asphalt (yuch!)in summer, & in winter at the skilifts on the Kreuzeck & the Osterfelder Bahn. You may remember me, I was with this gorgeous blonde called Rachel, & still am. You can see pics of us at www.potalaworld.com,

Servus,

Und Ein Gutes neue jahr,

Andy Failes

rwidman
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:22:19 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Lowell,

I arrived in GAP in '76 as a civilian and stayed there for most of the years till 1990. I remember Festus from the year I arrived....who could miss him? I do have the sad news that Hannah Box died many years ago, in the late 70's I believe. It may have been an auto accident, not sure. Jim Panfil, who I did not know well, was in GAP till end of 70's.

Cheers,Ralph Widman

Lowell
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2005 11:57:45 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Andy

Saw your post sorry been so busy I emailed Sue and caught up on couple of folks but is great hearing from you. I remeber you I guess I did not drink all my mind away just some.  I'm in Branson Misouri of you ever Vacation the Ozarks contact me.  I don't no yet why they call them mountains.  I heard Gator may be in Minnesota what cahnge for that florida/Garmisch boy.  I have not heard what happened to festus yet but would like to.  My 16 year old son was reading this site and he says dad I want to go there.  I told him keep his grades up and we'd see when he was old enough. (when is that huh?) I was 20 when I hit Garmisch my life was never the same.  Being small town Iowa farm boy it was quite a change for me also.  Would not change my memories of the times with you good people for anything in the world.

Regards;

Lowell 

Lowell
#5 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2005 4:53:45 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Geoff

Could never forget Uli, and remember most everyone when given time and clues Harger was a fore father of the current  day nuts.  I gues all of us had quite wild side heh? I was in Barracks across from Stu right besides tops office in Sheridan.  My girl friend then Wife was Lisa Bettinghaus the red headed friend of Jackie and Sue who came there with them from Spain.  She was from Orlando and we went and got married there in 77, Gator was my best man he flew home for it.  Of course Orlando got very drunk that night.  We divorced soon after her father died in 1980 and I'm not sure if she has found this page or not.  Wasn't there some one there in Kayaking named DJ.  I had big tall blonde headed roomate that worked at Golf course with me named Bob Pofal.  Steve Sabol was very good friend and we worked for Jim Panfil.

Those day also shaped my life and now my son has read this page he is totally impressed as he thought people like Harger and Festus were fictional charcters in my mind.  It is great to hear from you what part of the world are you in?

Have great 2005

Reagrds

Lowell

Lowell
#6 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2005 4:53:45 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Geoff

Could never forget Uli, and remember most everyone when given time and clues Harger was a fore father of the current  day nuts.  I gues all of us had quite wild side heh? I was in Barracks across from Stu right besides tops office in Sheridan.  My girl friend then Wife was Lisa Bettinghaus the red headed friend of Jackie and Sue who came there with them from Spain.  She was from Orlando and we went and got married there in 77, Gator was my best man he flew home for it.  Of course Orlando got very drunk that night.  We divorced soon after her father died in 1980 and I'm not sure if she has found this page or not.  Wasn't there some one there in Kayaking named DJ.  I had big tall blonde headed roomate that worked at Golf course with me named Bob Pofal.  Steve Sabol was very good friend and we worked for Jim Panfil.

Those day also shaped my life and now my son has read this page he is totally impressed as he thought people like Harger and Festus were fictional charcters in my mind.  It is great to hear from you what part of the world are you in?

Have great 2005

Reagrds

Lowell

mksteepndeep
#7 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2005 2:34:23 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Hi guys, whatever happened to 2 meter Doug. Did he stay there long. Remember the toga party when he wore the sheets but forgot to cover his ass! Do you remember a fine looking fraulein named Bobsi? Seen Bud Wheeler a cpl years ago out here in Denver, he's still married with kids and still flying helicopters. Keith Jorgenson is out here too, he got married to Chris Windsor (the mail clerk) but divorced several years ago.Anyone hear from Top Charles (the puke)

Mark Kemberling

Gap patrol 77-79

Andy Capp
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2005 8:53:19 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Mark, Sorry to tell you but, 2 metre Doug drank himself to death many years ago in Hailey Idaho. -- I seen him there a couple of years previously and he was sitting on a bar stool in a lowlife bar surrounded by very drunk Indians, he had burned every bridge imaginable around Sun Valley,Idaho with all the other old GAP,s that he knew there. --We had some great and wild times together and I will always hold that thought of him. ---- I hope he has more peace in the next life. --- Andy Capp.