Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Some times I think of a name and Google them. Col.Lee Died
Joe Pritchard
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:22:02 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
ROBERT E. LEE, JR. Ah now that is a name I remember well form My second winter at Berchtesgaden. I was a civilian at that.

There was to be a new Commander of Berchtegaden and the rumor mill was in full tilt.. nobody seemed to know any real fact.

I was working in ski issue and along came a young lady that was a attractive and as was often the case with much of the staff, myself included. The hormones were in full tilt. I took way to much time in "assisting" the young lady and made all the dumb jokes that I could she was from Texas I do remember that but I could not tell you her name today. And I made a number of jokes about people from the south as well as from Texas and I'm sure more then a few other stupid comments. I think one of them might have been that if God had intended for Texans to ski he would have made cow shit white

I finished issuing her skis finaly and the guys guy stepped forward. A tall, guy blond hair, kind a nordic looking he dropped his skis in the counter and announced "I am Col Robert E. Lee Jr. I'm from Texas and I'm your new boss!" Ah shit! Could I have found a way to step on it any more then I just did in front of him?

Actualy we became pretty good friends.

Col. Lee used to buy real good expensive skis but he wasn't the best skier back then. And one day he came up certain that it was the ski not him, and he siad he'ld sell those skis right now if somebody just gave him a $100.00 bucks.... I had the money out so fast it was amazing!

A couple of weeks go by and again he comes into ski issue and again he says he would just toss those skis for a hundred bucks! Again I bought a pair of skis.

Hey I doubled my money each time.

A couple of days later Mrs Lee came into Ski Issue and helped me to understand that I did not want to buy any more of Col.Lee's skis.

I truely enjoyed knowing those two so I was sad to Google his name and find that he had died in august of 2004.

ROBERT E. LEE, JR. (Col. USAF, Ret.)

Robert E. "Bob" Lee, Jr., (Col. USAF Ret.) passed away in Santa Rosa, CA, on August 4, 2004 at the age of 63. Cherished husband of Vonnie Lee of Bodega Bay; loving father of Melinda Ferguson and her husband Steve of Denver, CO; Robert Travis Lee (USAF Academy graduate 1996) of Washington, DC, and their mother, his former wife Mary Carolyn Lee of Colorado Springs, CO and Dawn Smith and her husband Bryan of Windsor; adored Papa of Brenden Smith of Windsor; dear son- in-law of Charlie and Dee Hartman of Windsor.

Related Results
[ Military news ]
Major General Hugh B. Manson
Floyd Lee
The Commanders of Chancellorsville
Brigadier General George P. Cole

Born in San Antonio, TX, Bob was raised in Texas, was a graduate of Waco High School as well as Texas Tech University in 1963. He began his Air Force career in 1963. His 26 year tour of duty included assignments in Darmstadt, Germany, Laughlin Air Force Base, Del Rio, TX, Randolph Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX, The Pentagon, Air War College, Montgomery, AL and Berchtesgaden, Germany.

Bob retired as Colonel in 1989 after spending five years at the U.S. Air Force Academy. In 1989, he founded Colorado Ski Holidays, a ski tour operation in Colorado Springs, CO, which he participated in until 2000 when he moved to Bodega Bay. Bob was an active member of the New Vintage Church in Santa Rosa, as well as the Bodega Bay Homeowner's Association. He was a former director of the Bodega Bay Chamber of Commerce.

A true outdoorsman, Bob loved wildlife, feeding the deer and birds, and riding around in his car with the top down. He enjoyed golfing, skiing, and traveling. A true audiophile, he was proud of his extensive collection of music. Bob treasured the special times he spent playing with this grandson Brenden. he made friends so easily, and everyone that knew him loved him. Bob was known to enjoy a martini at his home while the sun set. He will be dearly missed.