Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Hello aus London
laura
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:55:51 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Hi Trevor, I was cleaning out some stuff and found a practically new AFRC staff shirt (you wore one of those for a few years, eh?) and thought you might like to have it.  It is a size large.  Want it??  If Trevor says no, I'll send it to the first person who posts a desire for it after his response.

Barbara Herrler
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:49:54 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Laura,

Are you the Laura on the picture I posted today in the bar with John Kottkamp? How are you? What's your surname now and where are you? Have a family? etc.etc.

Love to hear from as many Seeons as possible. Will also be in Bernau with Ted Hassinger and Mike Huffman and Steffi Karl. Hope lots of people show.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Love

Barbara

laura
#3 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2005 1:45:42 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Barbara, nope I am not the girl in the photo.  I have no idea who she is either, that one was a mystery.  I am the Laura that came to Chiemsee the first time with Katri, then came back for 4 summers after that.  I was a chambermaid (love the photo of my old boss, Frau Roland), then worked in bikes and boats, then the campground with Tom.  I married English Phil (Pip), live in NC and we have two little boys now.  They are 4 and 1, so we aren't planning on making the reuinon in August.  Wish I could!!  Thanks for posting all those photos.  It brought back memories I didn't even know I still had.  Glad you are well.  Give little Georgie a kiss for me if you see him. 

Barbara Herrler
#4 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2005 4:14:31 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Laura,

your life sounds great! Please send us a pic of you all! My e-mail address is bherrler@onlinehome.de .I will be posting far more pics shortly. I hope I hear fom Georgie!

Take care and God bless you and keep you all healthy!

Love

Barbara

lolliepop
#5 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2005 5:52:27 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Barbara!

I am the Laura in the Photo with John. BGD 78-79, Chiemsee 1980, BGD 82-87, Munich 88-90. Of course I remember you and the kids. I lived in the Waldheim that year and worked in the nursery. I remember a Chiemsee reunion in Seattle New Year's Eve 80 that carried on for the first few days into 81. John, Sharon, Paul, Irish Tomas and a bunch of others. We even went to La Conner looking for the author of 'Even Cowgirls get the Blues'.  Tom Robbins- all his books were very popular on the See that year I lived there. We never did find him but we all shared a bottle of JD on the pier. I, like everyone else on this board, think fondly of all my years with Afrc and in Europe. My best friends in life I met during those years.

Laura Collier

Barbara Herrler
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:46:45 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Laura!

Very good to hear from you...tell us more. How's life? Where are you? Whatcha up to?

Keep watching the photo gallery, I shall be posting lots more! Just got an e-mail from Leland Saito! This is loads of fun. Trevor Cox called me yesterday!!!

Hope to hear more from you!

Love

Barb

lolliepop
#7 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2005 5:27:06 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Barb,

I just wrote a lengthy reply but some how erased it when I hit the preview button. Just when I think I know everything about these computers...oh well. It is great to hear about how well your kids are doing. I never married and nor had children. I have lived in several cities including 5 years in my hometown of Seattle but for almost 2 years now I have been in CA. I hope to move back to Europe one day. I have really enjoyed all the pics you have posted. I lost all my photos somewhere along the way over the years. Thanks for sharing.

Laura Collier

Barbara Herrler
#8 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2005 5:47:14 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Laura!

I am so glad you are doing well! I love hearing from all of you. In a way, I feel like we are all brothers and sisters...Chiemsee (or AFRC) bonds you in a special way, doesn't it? Hey, if you feel like a chat, drop me your number. We have really cheap calling rates here now! I talked to my Mom in Oklahoma for 57 minutes last month and it only cost  0.70 Euro cents! My e-mail is bherrler@onlinehome.de

I would like to chat with you!

Take care and all the best.

Barbara

trevor cox
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:22:12 AM

Medals:

Groups:

I wanted to thank every one over the last six months for the intresting emails from all over the world and the contacts that I now have from people that I had long since seen ( about twenty years ) ago.

Through this site I have contacted many people that I knew, met a few in London and in NY.

I am thinking of perhaps organising a get to gether for next year. In August I travel to Bernau for a week on the lake sipping a cool beer and watching the world go by. If anyone is interested in meeting me I am in Bernau from the 5th of August onwards. I shall take a digital camera and certainly take some photos of the Rasthause, its surrounding areas and the village and then post them on the web site.

I am still looking for Ron Estrella  last seen in Bernau and  Bert Tavender.

I am in Fort Lauderdale in May for one week, crewing   in a boat race and hope to plan a trip to NY to visit my old mate Mark Wakeman

very happy New Year to all of you.

Trevor Anthony ASHBURNER COX

tcox@farrer.co.uk