Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Gris, is that you?
Bill Sutherland
#22 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:13:12 AM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Lambo/Skip:

I honestly couldn't remember the daughter, but now that you said it...she was a real skier... but hot...I met her when they were filming in 1975, "The Other Side of the Mountain," about a famous female skier (Jill Kilmont) that was injured racing. It starred-- Marilyn Hassett, Beau Bridges and the Director was,- Larry Peerceo Bridges, about the real life of Jill Kilmont... Bridges at the time not such an airhead...I got a part in bar scene, where I had one line and got paid $110- "How did you do on the slope today," simple line, but it was later edited out...!!

I remember Bridges invited me and this other blond out to dinner, after the scene, we showed up at the bar in downtown Mammoth, and as we were sitting down, the girl whispered something really sexy and erotic in Bridges' ear and I was left sitting at the table alone. (they both disappeared real fast!). But I remember McCoys daughter was there helping and assisting as an expert. You are right about the snow, even though its still "Sierra Cement"... they always get snow.
inklake
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:41:54 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I'm assuming that most people have moved away from Bayern, and I'm wondering where you ski now?

I ski locally here in Vancouver at one of the three ski areas on the North Shore mountains right across from the city: Grouse Mountain, Cypress Mountain, and Seymour.

I get up to Whistler several times a year, and every now and then I get to the interior of BC to ski Suns Peaks, Panorama or even as far as Lake Louise, near Banff.

I hear Mt. Baker in Washington State is excellent.

Where do all of you ski? I'm assuming that most people have moved away from Bavaria, and I'm wondering where you ski now?

I ski locally here in Vancouver at one of the three ski areas on the North Shore mountains right across from the city: Grouse Mountain, Cypress Mountain, and Seymour.

I get up to Whistler several times a year, and every now and then I get to the interior of BC to ski Suns Peaks, Panorama or even as far as Lake Louise, near Banff.

I hear Mt. Baker in Washington State is excellent.

Where do all of you ski?

Skip
#24 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 2:29:49 PM

Medals:

Groups:

@inklake, I still ski the old long boards but not for anything except the finest of AFRC traditions: I'm cheap Ba#$tard. But I do ski the newfangled shaped ski anytime I can get someone to front me some demo's. I worked in B'gdn at the sport shop and after moving back to the states I lived in Bishop Ca. for a few years where I also skied just about every gully and chute I could find along hwy. 395. That said. I am a much more experienced faller than any type of skier. Thanks again, Skip
lambo
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:03:21 PM

Medals:

Groups: Administrators

Skip, since you are in the North East corner of Washington state, are you coming to our little get together in Whitefish? Sure could use some more stories!