Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
hi 80's Chiemsee friends
carla
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:37:27 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Steve,  do you have Mick Malone's email address?  Trevor Cox and I want to get in touch with him after all these years.  Thanks, Carla
carla
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2004 3:29:32 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Wow! Hiya Joe!  Long time no chat.  You were the first person I met at Chiemsee (seems you had a knack at being the first guy any newcomer met!) :-)  That's wild about Katri (married with kids).  Laura & I knew her when we were only 18!  Imagine!  What have you been up to the last 20 yrs?  Marriages, divorces, jobs???  I've been working for US Govt for past 15 yrs.  Currently at the lovely Pentagon. Had tours at US Embassies in London and Bern Switzerland.  Trying for a 3-yr posting in Paris. If I get that job, everyone will have a homebase in Continental Europe.  Give us the Joe Pritchard scoop!  Fondly, Carla
laura
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2004 10:16:38 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Trevor. It's good to hear from you too. Tony and Debbie will be in the Tampa area.  We live near Raleigh, NC.  Let us know when you are coming!  We'd love to see you again and catch up.

Laura

stephen
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2004 1:28:18 AM

Medals:

Groups:

hi laura its ste from liverpool hope u and phil and ur family are ok sorry i havent been in touch lifes been hectic lately im just gonna get my pc set up b4 xmas so ill be back on soon ive found some great photos of my time in chiemsee so ill be puttin a few people to shame when i put them on site. hope u and phil have a great xmas take care ur friend ste.
laura
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:32:32 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Steve, yes I remember you and the boys from Liverpool.  I remember going out with all of you one night and falling asleep cause I couldn't follow the conversation! I have pics of you all from those days.  Phil is going to post one on this site, if it isn't there already. Robbie came to visit us once in VA. a few years back. We live in NC now.  Do you keep in touch with Chris, Bobby, and Mick??  Where are they all now? xx Laura

Joe Pritchard
#6 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2006 1:40:35 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey laura !
Let’s hear some of those stories that you remember Trevor, Joe, Stevie, and of course, Carla and Pip. Now you are the Laura who came to Chiemsee the first time with Katri. And If I recall became good friends with Michelle! Brown that became Thorp and the last I heard she and Mic Brown were married and had two o three kids and lived in California. I lost track of them and I’m sure they lost track of me as well.
And you have a sister Sally as I recall she came to visit the same summer that My sister Connie did. Now there are some stories there but we might have to “soften” the stories of my sisters visit. She hasn’t gotten ant better over the years.and that is putting it mild.
I always think of Pip as English Phil, Tony’s brother.
Glad to hear that you’re still married that has to be a recoed for the folks I knew from then!
Katri’s last name is now Noid. She married a guy in Seattle. I was having lunch one day and saw her. I talked to her a few minutes but had to get going and then for a few years I would run across her and her husband and the kids at Seatac Airport. It was almost an annual event oddly
I would love to see the pics you have from people back then. None of mine have survived. I had thousands and none arrived back in the states.
How was Robbie when he came to visit you I haven’t heard a word from the guy.
Joe Pritchard
laura
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:37:01 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Joe.  Good to hear from you. I remember all those tours you took us on. Remember the Hofbrauhaus when Robbie got us thrown out because he got naked in the fountain. :) Thanks for telling me about Katri. We lost touch. Love to hear from her.

Phil and I are parents of a 3 year old and a 6 month old, both boys. Sally and family (2 kids) live on a farm in Va. She has horses, cows, dogs, etc. Gotta go. keep writing.  Laura

trevor cox
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:01:08 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Laura

Where in Florida are they moving to-I am in Florida ( Ft lauderdale ) for Xmas!!  I hope to see Clara for a beer and gossip soon. Look after your self, I fly ofeten to the states via North Carolina-I will let you know perhaps we can meet up.

stephen
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:22:41 PM

Medals:

Groups:

hi laura and phil,  also hi to trevor and carla.  carla do i know you. well im so glad to hear from u all, sorry i havent been on much but im in the middle of moving house.  glad to hear ur all ok, i have a great photo of me and phil with chris having a beer with klause in his house,  remeber him phil. ill try and get it on site this week.  Im glad ur doing well phil.  carla i do have micks e mail somewhere ill find it over the weekend i know trevor wants it as well.  hi trevor hope ur well mate and i hope to spk to u soon ,  micks in new zealand with al remember him.  i still see chris atkinson now and again hes looking well, hes still with dixie and hes a social worker.  sadly him and bobby fell out in the states  chris came home and they havent spoken since about 20 yrs.sorry to hear katri is married laura i always fancied her.  ha, phil hows ur tony doing hope hes well.well ill sign off for now and ill be back on the weekend to spk to take care all, bye for now,  ste
laura
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:23:03 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Steve. Good to hear from you. Do you have email? It isn't in your profile and Phil and I would love to get in contact. Put it on here if you dare. :) Phil is still the quiet one. How come you aren't disappointed that I am married? teehee. Phil and I met by accident again about 7 years after leaving Chiemsee.  He flew into Washington, DC on the airline I work for.  We misconnected him and lost his bags.  I was in the baggage office when he called to see if we'd found his bag and I overheard the name Rosbottom.  I knew it was him or someone related to he and Tony.  The rest is history.

Tony married Deb from Bgarten and they live in San Francisco.  They are getting ready to move to Florida in a month or so. They keep in touch with a lot of people from Chiemsee and Bgarten. Anyway, shoot us your email. Laura and Phil.

Joe Pritchard
#11 Posted : Friday, May 05, 2006 2:13:54 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Wow! Long time no chat.  I did seem to have a knack for being the first guy any newcomer met! You were only 18!  Imagine!  What have I been up to the last 20 yrs?  Marriages one more then the last time you say me. Divorced and single for the last 13 almost 14 years. Jobs??? After I saw you last I spent a few years at Bad Aibling and then moved back to the States in December of 1990. Ran the Skagit Tours of Seattles Hydro Plants in the Cascade Mountains.I worked in banking for a few years. Hated it. Worked as a temp and went from being a temp to running the the temp company in Seattle. Worked as a Truck Driver and moved household goods and offices for a few years until I messed my back up and barely recovered. I was pretty much forced back to tours which I have always loved and still do. Ii had heard you were at US Embassy in London but hadn't heard about Bern Switzerland.  You get Paris and I'll visit for sure *smile*.These days, socialy I fill alot of my time with the Seattle Stammtisch group and the International Group, You can find some pics in Yahoo photos under wallingfordjoe and wallingfordjoe2. I just turne 50 this year and I'm amazed that I made it this long but it looks like I might make it a lot longer.
laura
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:22:24 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Steve, yes I remember you and the boys from Liverpool.  I remember going out with all of you one night and falling asleep cause I couldn't follow the conversation! I have pics of you all from those days.  Phil is going to post one on this site, if it isn't there already. Robbie came to visit us once in VA. a few years back. We live in NC now.  Do you keep in touch with Chris, Bobby, and Mick??  Where are they all now? xx Laura

stephen
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:29:02 PM

Medals:

Groups:

hi laura  well i dont know if u remember me , but i think that phil will, we were good friends while in chiemsee. im from liverpool and i was there with chris and bobby also from liverpool and also mick malone and robbie . i remember u and also katri i wonder if she remembers me., sorry my name is steve doolan me and phil went to paris together for a few days we both worked in the kitchen  i hope tony remembers me to we were also good friends well ill wait for u to get back to me and i hope to speak to u soon take care   xx  ste doolan
laura
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:28:05 PM

Medals:

Groups:

laura
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:53:59 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I was there in the early to mid 80's and remember lots of stories of Trevor, Joe, Stevie, and of course, Carla and Pip.  I am the Laura who came to Chiemsee the first time with Katri.  Through events that were extremely coincidental, I later married Pip (English Phil, brother of Tony).   I am still married to Pip which means that Tony and Debbie are also my relatives by marriage.  I'd love to hear from anyone from that era. Has anyone kept in touch with Katri??
laura
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:56:02 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Stevie:

Glad to hear from  you again.  Let us know when those photos go up on the site.  Happy 2006.  Hope all is well with you.  What are you doing in Liverpool?  Are you married?  Any kids?  Where does Chris Atkinson live now?  Give him regards from tto two of us.

For those of you who remember Michelle Tharp and Mick (the squaddie she married) I have made contact again.  Laura

laura
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:24:19 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Margaret:  I might suggest that you put up a “new thread” with the name of the boat on the subject line.  That might get a few more responses.  Also, go through the message board and contact the guy who did the timeline and see if he has any info on the boat.  I know there are a lot of sailors out there who will remember.  Congratulations on owning a bit of history of the place we all love so much.  Good luck. Laura

stephen
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:25:02 PM

Medals:

Groups:

hi deb how the hell are u of course i remember u. u and ann were two of my best friends in chiemsee, how is she, how did her marriage go to the squaddie .what u up to it would be great to see u again im in liverpool now have been since i left chiemsee ive got some photos of fashion to im gonna put them on site when i get time ive moved house and been mad busy doing it up im just gettin my pc set up so ill be back on soon looking for ur reply take care ste xx
laura
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:27:29 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Mario, oh my gosh, I laughed out loud when I saw your message.  Yes, of course I remember you.  I have some photos of all of us the night we had spaghetti with you and all 4 of us were on the Vespa!  What a hoot.  I may have to dig those out and post them on the site here.  Do you have email?  Where are you these days and what are you doing??  Laura
laura
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:33:29 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Mario...keep talking, your English sounds good to me!! hee hee.  I'll send you some photos.  Get ready.  They are from the summer of 82.  Laura