Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Krankenhaus Garmisch
phosphateb
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:38:31 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

My son will be doing an internship at the krankenhaus in Garmisch AUG-SEP.  Know he will enjoy it. Met his mother there on the slopes 26 years ago! How time flies! Any tips on where he should go in 2009?

regards,

john

Bill Sutherland
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2004 8:43:37 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
During the time while he is in "Oberbayern," he should sometime get to Munich to enjoy a bigger city and what they offer. Schwabing is great place for Germany Nite life and friendly fraulines of German "Gemuetlichkeit," and oh the girls are there in ever increasing numbers.
The train ride makes it very easy to get there and back.
Also during the summer months he will have the chance taste to the German Culture and of course the famous Oktoberfest. Innsbruck is also right over the old but disappeared border of Germany/Austria.
Aufgehts... !
potalaworld
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:13:35 PM

Medals:

Groups:

He should definitely go to Innsbruck, beautiful train journey, & while there, take the strassenbahn out to Solbad Hall. It is a mediaeval town with an incredible cathedral with all sorts of silver encrusted skulls & bones etc from saints. Since it is mostly inhabited by Turkish Gastarbeiters, the mediaeval ambience is accentuated by the aromas from restaurants etc.. I lived in Innsbruck in 1971, & worked as a waiter in a restaurant on Marie-Therese Strasse, the main street. Actually, the wonderful thing about Garmisch is it is so close to Italy, & its only a couple of hours to take a trip over the alps to any of the little mediaeval towns in Sud Tyrol, like Chiusa(Klausen), Bressanone(Brixen), virtually any of these towns has ancient buildings, & best of all terrific food & wine.
phosphateb
#4 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2006 3:20:29 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Thank you all for the help! I have  posted the information in an email to him on his facebook. Viele gruesse aus Alabama...john
DAIGLE
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:32:32 PM

Medals:

Groups:

He could even zip over to Paris. I live there and drove to GAP in February. It only took me 10 hours. For that matter, he could "European capital"  hop from Munich on very cheap flights or get a special train pass for those 2 months since he is still considered a student as an intern. The options are endless, too numerous to mention here. He could even call me... (33 1 45 67 21 81) I used to be a tour guide for AFRC in the early 70's and have many suggestions. I'd love to help your son.
niekto
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2009 2:49:16 AM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Photo Posting, Registered

He should also plan to visit the Deutches Museum when he visits Munich.  It's a place devoted to technology and has quite a bit of “hands on” stuff for visitors.  For example, push a button and watch two chemicals combine to produce something totally unexpected.