Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Telluride 2010
lambo
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2008 5:33:45 PM

Medals:

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
The dates have been set and the hotel has been chosen for the 36th Annual AFRC Reunion March 25-28, 2010 in Telluride, Colorado! You can click on the menu bar on the left or on the slide show on the home page. That will take you to the reservation information. Please note that that all rates include all room taxes.
If you don't get a postcard from me within 2 weeks, it means I don't have your mailing address. Please get it to me. paul(at)afrcski.com

Paul and Joe
lisabentson
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:23:16 PM

Medals:

Groups:

whoo hoo, looks like I get to attend this year!  Best get to the Y and get in shape.
mksteepndeep
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:08:25 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

I wish you guys would stay out of Colorado! Everytime you come here I get hurt! Torn ACL and MCL 2 years ago and this year I fractured my foot! Go Away!

You all have fun, take lots of pics. Skied Telluride way back in 75 before they had the easy stuff. Was definately “tits“

Bill Sutherland
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:16:14 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When I worked at Breckenridge in 75 it was "tits," we used to ski Telluride once a week.... I used to love it...take a lot of pictures!

Good luck und "bleibt sauber!"
cmtpig
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:58:49 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi all

this year sounds like it's going to be lot of fun, But I may not be making the hole week because, I'm going to be up at snowmass at the VA winter games so I'm thinking of coming down for the dinner. But what I need to know is if any one knows the milage from Snowmass to Telluride thanks

Chris In Oregon

Ps if any one get a pic of me in a sit-n-ski last year I need to talk to you and get a copy thanks ans   SKI ON!!!!!

burt.sperry@gmail.com
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2009 2:03:44 PM

Medals:

Groups:

The discount rate that was arranged for rooms at the Mountain Lodge is great at + - 60%, but the hotel using a 50 % deposit for 7 months is a little hard core. Also, even with more than a 30 day notice for cancelation, they keep a day?  It would be a good idea to keep a running total of rooms that have been reserved in case one is needed at a late date.  If someone needed to back out, will be easer to make sure that another contestant picks up that reserve.

I have a hard time making any plans more than 3 weeks in advance and as “shit happens”, 7 months down the road, who knows where or what trail one might be on in March 2010. 

I’ve reserved a two bedroom that has already been posted on the Visa statement. Plan on attending, but will depend on what turn my gypsy construction road takes next.     

When I win the mega-million, the whole tab will be on me!!!  So, Go Telluride 2010!!##??//

Burt Sperry, 

burt.sperry@gmail.com
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:33:27 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Chances I will not be able to make the reunion have moved to 90%, as contract negotiations  have started.  The Lodge is out of 2 bedroom condos (sleeps 4-6).  If some one needs one, mine can be rolled over up to a deadline of 24 Feb.  I will know for sure by the 10th if  Hot, Hot Panama will melt my snow.

Contact at;

Burt.sperry@gmail.com

US cell San Diego (619) 861 6671, leave a call back as it’s not  always on.  

DAIGLE
#8 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 3:55:05 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Lambo, I'm definitely planning on being there this year. Last reunion was tough due to family problems. I'll be reserving next week. My address in Paris is Linda Daigle, 37 rue Blomet, 75015 Paris, France, tel 33 1 45 67 21 81. Please send me a postcard !
lambo
#9 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 1:43:59 AM

Medals:

Linda,
Post card is on the way, but all the info is here on this website! More info to follow in the fall as to reunion fees and schedule.
Paul
lambo
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:11:48 AM

Medals:

Folks, only a few more days to get your reservations in for the Lodge at Telluride before they release the rooms back to general claissification. Then it is first come-first serve and not the great rates we (Joe) have negotiated.

Pleaae join us for AFRC Reunion #36. Who would have thunk this would still be going strong after the first little shindig (aka Denny's birthday party) in Salt Lake City in 1975? Better to be part of history than to read about it.

Pretty sure this well be as good as any we have had in the past 35years.

burt.sperry@gmail.com
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:41:40 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Apartment at Mountain Lodge  

Burt Sperry here from down town Tijuana.  At present, it looks like I have a + - 66% chance of getting a position in Panama for the construction of the New Locks and Dams. Good part is leaving Tijuana without bullet holes in body parts. Bad part is the move out of Mexico would probably happen around the same time as the reunion.

I have reserved a 2 bedroom condo that sleeps 4- 6 and put up a 50% down payment. In a week or so I will know if this new job will get in the way of some fun in the sun. If it does, I would like to put up this reservation for use by others. Would need to turn it over by mid Feb. to comply with the hotels hard ass cancelation policy.

Keep this in mind if you planning to make a reserve and post if you need a 4 to 6 person apartment. Will up date ASAP.

Burt Sperry