Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Info
...tat...
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2004 2:22:54 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Hello everyone, I'm 23 years old and live near Seattle, Washington.  I just got back from a trip to Europe on 09-02-04 and I loved Germany and wish that I could have spent some more time there.  I have an interview with someone for the AFRC, to work there for 13 months.  I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight!  Thanks ahead of time!

Kristy

lambo
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2004 5:41:46 PM

Medals:

Groups: Administrators

Kristy,

You should get a hold of Wallingford Joe. he is in Seatlle and has pretty good insight to AFRC. He is on this site often and I know you can email him from the contacts list.

AFRC Paul

Lekylark
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2005 3:18:24 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Kristy,

Firstly do you know what kind of a job you will be doing?? or will it be a "resort hotel attendant" ? if this is the case then you could do anything from chambermaid to waitress, desk clerk etc. As a 13 month hire you will get (unless it has changed) dorm style accommodation, normally with just one or two other people & showers & kitchens in the hall. Your hours of work may be varied to include shift work, weekends & holidays. You will get 4hrs sick leave & 4 hrs Annual leave per pay period which is every 2 weeks, also an ID card, which will gain you access to tax free goods (which are not as cheap as in the US but are cheaper than German). You should receive 2 days off a week though not necessarily together. Some people love it & some don't, depends on where & whom you work for, but bear in mind that once you are there, you will have to stay for 13 months or pay back the cost of your transportation there & pay for your own return ticket. If you go take enough money to last a minimum of 1 month, preferably 2 as it may (or may not) take a while for your first paycheck.

Good luck with the interview. Garmisch is a beautifull place to live and work & you will make friends there that will last you a lifetime.