Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Death of Landrover Nigel
dinerouk
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:58:18 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

I knew him from 1975 in Garmisch. I dodn't know him all that well, but many knew him as he floated in and out for many years. He used to ring me in the last few years and was getting increasingly depressed and smoked far too much. He was a good guy and it's sad to hear another one of us go. I pass on the letter from Aussie Helen to me and Haus this morning

To: "Bob Penthouse" <hausfromgap@yahoo.com>, "Pete Day" <dinerouk@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 11 May, 2009, 3:01 AM

Dear Peter & Bob,

I am not sure if you are aware but if not I have some sad news to communicate.  I got an official letter from a Sylvilin Schmakowski in Germany about the death of Nigel Clark on the 24.3.2009.  I will type the letter which she sent me and if you know any information that can help her please let me know.

27/4/09

Nigel Hamilton Clark, deceased 24.3.2009

Dear Mrs Thomas,

The Court of Erding has installed me as curator for the estate of Nigel Hamilton Clark who died on March 24, 2009.  He has lived without regular friendly contacts.  Even persons who call themselves a friend of Nigel Clark do not know any detail of his family back ground.  We did not find an address book or some correspondence with family members or friends from his past.  He was ill – heat problems – since a period of ca. one year.  He could not work any longer, later he was not able to walk any more.  He suffered a lot, spent some time in hospitals, but they could not help really.  He lived in a container which is used normally on building sites for the workers from far away.  His living circumstances were a complete mess.

I found your card from last Christmas, I decided to write to you and try my luck.  Can you be of help in regard to names and addresses of family members, sisters, brothers, uncles or aunts, even the parents?  Do you know friends of Nigel Hamilton?

I am grateful for any information of the life circumstances of your friend Nigel.

I hope to hear from you soon, eventually via e-mail.

Best regards

Sylvilin Schmakowksi,

Rechtsanwaltin

Fachanwaltin fur Erbrecht

This is all very sad.  You two are the only people that I know, knew Nigel so I will leave it up to your discretion who & how you tell of Nigel’s death.

I only knew Nigel through Garmisch in the 70’s then through letters and e-mail’s. I looked through my old address books and only have an address for Nigel from the States and Erding, none from England .