Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
I couldn't feed every everyone but they could cook
trevor cox
#1 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2004 9:47:49 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hey Joe,Are you insinuating we didnt know how to cook in those days? I too remember the kind hospitality you kept. What happened to those boys do you know? I would love to hear from them.

Joe Pritchard
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2004 5:08:20 AM

Medals:

Groups:

*smile* I'm say that fat kevin and little George couldn't cook back then.
God knows Nick and Jacqi and the other from the "Curry Club could sure cook back then. I remeber one summer when Mark and Helen cooked up some curry brought it over and I foreget who all else cooked and brought over food, all Curry dishes. I never realy had curry befor that but discovered that I did like curry.
The next few days I discovered why nobody else want to host curry night. But it sure tasted good...at the time.
Joe P.
Joe Pritchard
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 4:58:10 PM

Medals:

Groups:

when I first moved out of employee housing at chiemsee the apartment was a popular place. It was someplace where you didn't have spend much money and for the first month like a good host I made sure there was plenty of food and drink when ever everyone came by. The first month I spent a little more on food and drink then I did on rent, now I chuckle about it but at the time I was, well shocked. And mitzi said that she wasn't gonna cook all the time so I simple said that people would have to bring what they wanted to eat and drink. Well the lads showed up with some eggs, some potatoes and asked mitzi to show them how to cook.
She explained to the first one, how to cook the eggs and potatoes and clean the pan. Iwas doing some paper work and heard her tell little pudgy kevin each step and let him do it. He inturn gave the same explanation word for word to the next lad and so it went with each one explaining to the other.
The lads always seemed to respect My place and so I never hesitated to have an open doe for them.
It started when I still lived in The Waldheim.
I lived in room number 16. All the walls wer lined with shelves for my books, records, stereo, Tv, VCR, speakers. The room was crammed. A good rug on the floor and when the lads were in the room, they used an ashtray. never a burn on anything, never an ash on the floor. as small as that room was i remember one time having me and six other people in the room, drinking a few good german biers and everyone was taking turns play the video game hooked up to the TV.
It is funny how I recall those moments. Tom and the lads sitting there, and there was one American TDYer. It was just a good simple moment
These days it's the German Stammtisch Group in Seattle and the Seattle International Group. A party every Holiday at the house. Movie nights, potluck dinner parties, so life hasn't changed that much