Tag as favorite
Do you know me?
Christina
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2005 1:45:17 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi Megan,
I remember you - although mainly from photos. I've got one with you in the middle and Danny and me to your sides. Then I remember anothter photo of you with a swollen lip because a bee had stung you. I think it happened during a birthday party in the Waldheim.
I am 34 now, married since 2001 and have two daughters - Emma almost 5 and Lilly almost 3 years old. We are still living here in Bavaria, about 10 km north of the Chiemsee shore.
Danny is 32, he and his wife have a 2 month old daughter Florentine. He lives in Teisendorf, between Chiemsee and Salzburg.
We actually just went skiing together yesterday on the Winklmoos/Steinplatte yesterday. Beautiful day!
Yes, living at Chiemsee had a large impact on my life. I spent some super time there again as a teenager and I miss it - especially all the people - to this day. Just yesterday Danny and I talked about is. How cool it would be to own it, all the cool things you could do there... Just daydreaming, but it was fun.
Megan, you might find more people you know on facebook. You'll find me there aswell. My name now is Christina Brodschelm.
I'd like to hear from you again! Take care!
Christina
Megan
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:21:48 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Gail,

So sorry it has taken me this long to reply. With 2 children and the hoilday time got away from me.

Buddy was in the trials for windsurfing the first year it was in the Olympics. But at 6f 7in and 250 lbs he is not build for course racing. The indoor speed racing came about a few years later - he was perfect for it but by that time he was burned out. I think that was '92. We both went to Eckerd College here in FL and they had the US sailing team practice there a lot. He was Bud Howard there. I bet your sister would know him!

Mom is well. She retired from the Girl Scouts this year; she was the Program Director forever. She and I have a hard time getting along and right now is a really bad time. So as soon as I can I will pass your contact info to her.

Do you keep intouch with Terry, Guy or Patsy? I would love to see the pictures; my email is wells6568@bellsouth.net

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

PS: Do you all have snow yet? Boy do I miss it!

You've Got Mail!
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:22:04 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Megan,

I remember your mom and you kids. I was stationed perm party at AFRC Garmisch. I remember better the guy your mom dated before Terry but I can't remember his name... he lent me some albums to tape and played the guitar. Was his name Dave?  He lived in Garmisch.  I remember seeing you guys at Chiemsee when I came over to visit summer 79. I was dating Guy but he was dating Patsy as well as me which he kinda failed to mention to me... LOL.  That's funny now that I remember that.  I remember Terry, he was always really cool.  I didn't really know your mom... I just remember seeing you kids around.  I wasn't around enough for you to remember me... but I do remember seeing you and your mom and brother around, in Chiemsee and Garmisch

Christine Windsor

Bill Sutherland
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:22:04 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Doris;

I used Rollei cameras all the years I was in Bad Toelz and Berchtesgaden. I loved my SL66's - for a medium format they were great...and my dad also was a "tog," so, after completion of my meisterbrief in Munich in 1985, I sold my twin lens reflex and bought the SL66's.. I was meaning to ask...did you study in the USA?
Bill Sutherland
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:25:11 AM

Medals:

Megan;

Originally I was there from 72-74. Then came back to instruct skiing at Skytop, from 75-79, in the summers I sometimes worked at the Hotel. In 76 I started there and then transferred to the Alpine Inn, I usually worked in the kitchen. I worked at B'gaden. In Sept of 79, I moved to Bad Toelz, and moved back after Desert Storm (1991) to B'gaden. I worked a few seasons at Chiemssee cooking after I sold my bar at B'gaden. I remember you from the first two years I came back so that had to be around 76-77? Maybe even 1978. I do remember your mom... she was hot. Back then I worked as a haus meister. Chiemssee in summer was great, but as fall proceeded it was slow and boring. I love to hear what you are doing, write me @ sgtbilly@hotmail.com
Good Luck,

Bill
Bill Sutherland
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:49:31 PM

Medals:

By the way... Is Terry Howard and your mom still married? Are you still married? Isn't it funny how AFRC changed our lives. I taught skiing at Mammoth and ended up going back in 75. Stayed there (see above) until 1995. We have four kids, the first being born in B'gaden and the three in Bad Toelz.
doris
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:49:31 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Megan, I remember your mom and Terry. I taught as ski instructor for the Kaufmann ski school and later as windsurf instructor as well as the adventure training program. Used to date ( and later married ) Sumner the Hawaiian. Guy Smith was a good friend of ours. Doris
Sirrab
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2007 2:01:26 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Megan,

Sure I remember you well.  I was TDY with Terry at Chiemsee in 1979 & 1980 and knew you kids and your mom, Judy.  Hard to imagine that you are all grown up now.  Patsy was my roommate and Guy was TDY with us as well.  I have some old picture that you might like to see of you & Buddy and your mom & Terry.  In fact, I even visited you in Colorado Springs when I got back from Germany.  I taught sailing for 2 seasons as a TDY and two seasons as a civilian.  We live in SW Wyoming now; J Williams is close in Salt Lake.  Which sport did Buddy compete in the Olympics?  My sister was on the US Sailing Team for years and was an alternate in the '92 Olympics and competed in Athens in 2004.  If Buddy was on the sailing team, she probably knows him.  I worked in Fort Lauderdale for several years but had no idea you all were down there. I would love to hear from Judy again.  Drop me a line and we can figure out how to get you copies of those pictures.

Gail Haberland

doris
#9 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2007 8:29:02 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Megan, I remember your mom and Terry. I taught as ski instructor for the Kaufmann ski and later as windsurf instructor as well as the adventure training program. Used to date ( and later married ) Sumner the Hawaiian. Guy Smith was a good friend of ours. Doris
Megan
#10 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2007 8:30:56 AM

Medals:

Groups:

HI Paul!

We were McMahon, Judy, Buddy and Megan. I was there from about 1 to 6 years old. My mom is not very forthcoming with the details. Sadly we do not have a good relationship, so I am working off of a childs memorie. I do remember the ski patrol looking for me when I was about 3 because I wanted to get something out of our VW Van! (independant soul) Did you know Guy Smith, Terry Howard or John...I think he is the one they call DR. John in the pictures. A women named Patsy spent alot of time with us too.  Another “event” was my mom hitting the dock while water skiing (she is fine) - any bells? I am thinking that if you left in 75 we minght have missed eachother. It is funny..this is the first time I have seen any of this from an adults point of view...as a child it all seemed so small...everyone knew who I was!!! I had no idea how many people for how long! It is so obvious I can't get over it!

What branch are you in? Between my dad and step-father I was raised Airforce and Army.  Thankls for your time!! - Meg

Bill Sutherland
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:01:00 PM

Medals:

Megan,

Were you about 3-5 and have blonde hair? And if I remember right your mom ran the kindergarden? If I remember John Davis (Dr. John) used to have coffee with your mom when he was in Chiemssee?
Megan
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:01:00 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Very Cool!

My brother learned to windusrf there and later went to the Olympics!

How long were you there? Do you have any pictures? I remember better with pictures :) Sorry for all the questions but I am excited to find out!! Did you know Patsy? I don't know a last name, but she taught sailing. I remember her pulling my first tooth! Such stupid stuff...but fun!

Do you have any idae about Terry or Guy?

Thanks so much!!

Megan
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 12:28:50 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I was 3-5 but had/have brown-red hair. My mom on the other hand was a  bombshell blond. My older brother was blond too.  She did the childrens programs at the Hotel; took them hiking or cartoon movies, clay,  anything. I know my mom and John spent alot of time together. I will try to get some pictures from that time!

Thanks Bill! When were you there?

doris
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 3:32:16 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I took my son Maximilian to the Chiemsee Hotel on one of our last visits. But then he was only a toddler. Max is eleven now and I tell him stories from way back then at Chiemsee. We did visit my dad in Kolbermoor this past summer and we all went to the Saltmines in Berchtesgaden ande to the castle at Herren Chiemsee. It was great. Max also wanted to see the Dachau KC and we did visit.
Sure miss the snow. I remember when Max was about three and we went to Gernamy. He put on a pair of skies and he thought he could run just like usual - he landed right on his face burried the snow. It was fun and I hope to do it again.
Bill Sutherland
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 3:32:16 PM

Medals:

Doris;

I know the history about the Bavarian King, shame on me if I didn’t – after some 20 years in Bavaria.
We picked the name Maximilian, b/c I had worked for and then after my “Fotografen Meisterbrief,” ---I decided to buy the very photography studio that I used to run. “Lerpscher Ateliers,”---were studio’s and photo retail outlets with three stores and about 50 people! I was sort of a CEO then… but it was owned by a family member of the founder. The company’s name was,- Max Lerpscher Studios.
In 1980 until 1990 I owned all three stores, -Bad Toelz. Lenggries, and Penzberg. Then I got called to Desert Storm, and We closed Penzberg and I finally sold Lenggries. And lastly Bad Toelz.

Anyways, my wife and I used to drive up to B'gaden to visit her mother and other friends every week end. But when ever she was pregnant (and it seemed so often—{we had four}Stefanie spelled after the German pronunciation, -Kathrin, --Max, and Billy or Wilhelm)our drives would consist of talking about children's names. Our problem was we had to pick a name that would mix well with both cultures..! Anyways, on our third child, we had decided if we were to have a boy it should be called Maximilian" or Max for short! Max is now 22 . Yes, I know where Kolbermoor is, as I used to travel from Toelz to Rosenheim via car, as the Handwerkskammer had issues with the Munich chamber. I also used to photograph a lot there also.
After 20 years, learning German and then Bavarian, I truly miss Bavarian, but life is full of changes. Did you ever meet Steve Stahl, (Harley) He spent most of his last 20 doing the Coastie thing. I am still in the Reserves but thinking about retiring any day now.
Bill Sutherland
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 12:47:43 AM

Medals:

How funny... our first Son is also named "Maximilian." Doris are you still in Germany? Or did you move to the US? Do you find most American spell Maximilian wrong? In 92-93, in Prien there used to be a place called "Joe's Bar."
I worked there for the winter of 92-93 then opened my own bar in B'gaden...I sold it in 95 too many temptations.
doris
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2007 12:47:43 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Bill, a lot of people here in the US spell Maximilian with two l's.
I was born and raised in Bavaria in a smaller town called Kolbermoor. It is next to Rosenheim ( great Volksfest right before Octoberfest ). Left in 86 to join the Coast Guard and now live in New Orleans. But we do go back at least once a year.
The name Maximilian has a great history.
doris
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2007 4:42:35 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Bill, love photography. My dad is actually a photographer and just a few years ago he gave me his beloved Rolleiflex, still in its original leather case. I actually had to study a few semester of photography for my major. That was fun except the one with the big view camera.
Hello Steve
Coast Guard was an adventure. Spent the first three years in Oregon at a MLB station ( and never once got seasick )then after school at ATC Mobile followed by AS Savannah and then New Orleans. Were you in the Army before?
Miss Bavaria, the Kasradl and Leberkaes Semmel.
doris
Megan
#19 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2007 4:19:08 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I am sorry to hear you were in Katrina. I live in S FL and know the loss.

I try to explain to my kids what my life was like and they can't relate at all. We live where my husband was born so he can give them first hand expierances.  I'll see if I can find Guy in Utah. My mom and Terry were married in Colorado and divorced 3 or 4 years later.  Then we moved down here. I have 2 boys that have never seen snow!! Can you imagine!? My husband is 34 and has never seen it! Hopefully I can get then up North this year!

Thanks for the bits!

lambo
#20 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2008 3:11:07 PM

Medals:

Groups: Administrators

Megan, I lived in the Park Hotel from November of 74 to November of 75. I was on the ski patrol that winter and got out of the service in August, but got a job at the hotel until November and then lived in Bergen where I was a ski instructor (among other things!).
What is (was) your last name when you were there?
You would have just been a baby in 75 if you are 34 now. Wow.
Paul S. Lambres