Tag as favorite
Chiemsee 1976 - 1986
dadosteel
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2004 7:54:18 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Mike,

Where abouts do you live in Baltimore? Live here too.

Tim in Md

Barbara Herrler
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2004 5:22:41 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Kevin,

Barbara Herrler here. Lived in the Waldheim with 2 little kids, Christina + Danny from 1979 til 1992. Live in Stuttgart now.

I don't know which Kevin you are...got any pics? Send one of you to my private e-mail if you do. It's in the e-mail roster.

I may have pics of you from the old days as well....

Take care.

Barb

laura
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2004 6:45:59 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Doris.  I remember you and Sumner. I used to love to ride on the back of the waterski boat and "instruct" the GI's on waterskiing.  Funny, I could never waterski myself.  Do you remember the year they had the raft race and one team turned a picnic table into a raft?  That was the last time they tried that.

Mike Rutkowski
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:45:17 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Doris,

Yes that was me who was very, ummmm lets say mad at Sumner!

Yes it has been a long time, Bob Shultie was in the army, he was a hotel manager, and worked with the conference's, and Joe worked in the kitchen and he did the jam thing(juniour asst manager).

If you want anything brought back from Germany let me know, as I will be in New Orleans in November for a week.You should and try and make a ski reunion sometime, I went to the last one in Idaho, and what a great time I had.

They really know how to make you feel welcome, and they pick some of the best ski areas in the states! (ummm and they still drink lots of beer)!

My e-mail adderss is playpossum2001@yahoo.co.uk so if you want to drop me a line.

Mike

doris
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2004 12:00:26 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Gail

meant to send you an e-mail, but your e-mail address disappeared in cyberspace before I could make a note of it. How is J. Williams doing? Did he ever get married? I remember when he used to date Uschi and then later Elke. What is Elke up to? Remember Hans? Once in a blue moon I talk to him when he is in Germany. There are times when I get a bit homesick, then I tune in to Bayern 3, the radiostation I used to listen way back then (http://www.br-online.de/bayern3/musik/) or the Rosenheimer Herbstfest cam or Christkindlmarkt cam.
doris
#6 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2004 12:16:18 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Laura

riding in the good old Boesch, I still can picture that beautiful boat. Sure, I remember the raft race, think I still have a lot of pictures from that day too. Bob Divine ( think he was the rec.manager at the time ) was not happy when the picnic table turned raft - and I think it was a special handicaped table - took up permanent residence at the bottom of chiemsee. Laure, which department did you work for?
laura
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:40:23 AM

Medals:

Groups:

HI DORIS. I WORKED THE FIRST SUMMER AS A CHAMBERMAID, THEN LINENKEEPER, THEN BIKES AND BOATS, THEN CAMPGROUND. I CAME THERE THE FIRST YEAR WITH KATRI AND THEN EVERY SUMMER AFTER FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO DOUG PALMER OR NEIL FOLSOM?
doris
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2004 3:57:43 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Mike

still can picture you sitting across from me that evening, and you and Sumner were going on and on - I still have to smile about it. I am trying to remember who else was there? Maybe Clark Smithson or Guy?
Thank you so much for your offer to bring something back from Germany. But I actually just came back in July, every 6 months or so I go and visit my family, still living in Kolbermoor. Thats when I load up on chocolate. Never made it to a reunion, but now that my son is a little older ( he is seven ) I will try. How do you find out about those reunions? I know they had one last year at Chiemsee - Becky Donley told me about it.
Let me know when you are in New Orleans, it would be great to meet and have a few beers.
doris
doris
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2004 1:11:50 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Laura, last I heard from Doug Palmer that he married and lives in Australia or New Zealand. And for Neil, I think he is still in the Seattle area. I think I might even have his e-mail address.
Did you work with Mike Ike at the Campground? He just seemed to disappear. Its getting harder for me to keep the years in some kind of chronological order. Do you know if there is a site for pics from Chiemsee and staff?
Sirrab
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2004 10:47:32 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Laura & Doris:

Gosh kind of fun to see all these names. Last I heard about Mike Ike, he was living in the Salt Lake area and had been in a very bad climbing accident. From the rumors, I was told that he made a good recovery and became a flight nurse. Now this is all second hand information so I can't vouch for its accuracy. I'm one of the few female TDY's; used to teach sailing at Chiemsee and then came back for a couple years as a civilian. Chiemsee is still one of my most favorite places on earth. I live in Wyoming, about 6 miles east of the Utah border. There are a few of us ex-Chiemsee people around here. J Williams is in Salt Lake and Elke lives in Park City. I've heard that Guy Smith is in Ogden but haven't run into him yet. Nice to get caught up with all of you and let me know if you are ever in this area.

Gail Haberland
Mike Rutkowski
#11 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2004 9:48:40 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Doris,

I remember you well, I use to work in the sport shops, and just about every job Chiemsee and Berchtesgaden had to offer, and Munich as well !

I have just returned to the u.s.a after 28 years living overseas, and now living in Baltimore for the moment, with plans to move to Florida in late October.

I am still in touch with Bob Shultie and Joe Bartel.

I am going to Munich in the next 7-10 days for a week or two, for some beer drinking and to visit a few old friends, also taking my daughter to the fest for her 16th birthday.Also going to visit Garmisch and Berchtesgaden as well, I went last year for a visit, and I and still miss it so much!

Anyway thought I would drop you a quick note and say hello, and I hope this finds you well.

Mike

doris
#12 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2004 9:59:19 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Mike

its always great to hear from the old crew. Right now I am trying to picture you - where you the Mike who made Pizza in B'gaden and who got into a fight with Sumner one evening at a Biergarten in Bernau/Felden? Its been quite a few years, and I can remember just about every face, but have a harder time with names. Joe Bartel and Bob Shultie are also familiar names.

Wish I could go to the Oktoberfest :) and drink some good old bavarian beer - I really miss those fests and beergardens.

Have a wonderful time in Germany, stay in touch

doris
doris
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2004 4:00:31 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Kevin

are you the blond Kevin from Nebraska, studying to become a teacher? I am awful with names, but I never forget a face. Sorry it took me a while to get back, just returned from Bavaria and I had no e-mail access there. Have not heard much from Sumner Howard in the past seven years, except that he still lives in Mobile and is married again. As for me, I kind of got stuck in New Orleans. This site is great, just in the past few months I heard from people I have not seen or heard from in almost twenty years.
Hope to hear from you again, take care for now
doris
guido
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2004 4:00:40 AM

Medals:

Groups:

kevie jobe!!! how about those byu cougers??? it's been over20 years! are you still in lincoln? i still live in utah [sort of ] i work out of washington dulles airport. are u married? teaching? kids? i have 2 girls or should i say young ladies 14 and 16. i'm thinking about going to the 06 reunion in utah. [it's in my backyard] jeff bossard is there in park city. would love to see you again and hoist some beers. later, guy
Bill Sutherland
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2005 3:52:21 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hey Mike;

Not sure if I remember you, but it sounds like we ran in the same circles...and if you ever get around the Winchester area drop in and we should hold a beer high together.

Bill Sutherland

Kevink
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 1:35:27 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi all,

Found this site a few years ago, and have been looking for people I knew, without much success. Doris, I worked with Howard with the waterskiing. I sent you an e-mail. If anyone else remembers me, Kevin Kaufman, please respond, I would love to talk to people form the best times of my life.

Thanks, kevin
guido
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2006 4:17:41 PM

Medals:

Groups:

doris, i havn't seen you since you came to utah (hill afb) ...i was still married then.  sounds like you are still in new orleans how's everyhting down there?  did you and your family fare okay??? i hope you were not in the wosrt part of it (katrina) i'm still living close to where i was whenn u visited but i work out of d.c. as a flight attendant for united. please respond. i'd love to what's been happening .

does any one know lisa moser? please let me know how to get hold of her. sometimes i have layovers in munich and would like to get in touch.

later guido

doris
#18 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 9:53:13 PM

Medals:

Groups:

stumbled across this website and I think its great.
It brings back memories from a time that seems like a lifetime ago. I worked at Chiemsee from 1976 (at first with the Kaufmann Skischool as instructor, later for Outdoor Challenge and the windsurfing school ) until 1986. It would be great to hear from old friends and find out what happended to you after life at Chiemsee.
doris, now in New Orleans
Barbara Herrler
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:58:25 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Gail, Doris, Laura...all of you!

I can see ALL of your faces clearly and hear your voices even! What a joy this website is! Having spent 12 years at Chiemsee and raising the kids there as well, I am sure you remember me and Tina and Danny!

I am living outside of Stuttgart but get down to Chiemsee regularly as Tina and Danny are still there. Tina presented me with a beautiful granddaughter, Emma, 11 months ago!

Anybody in the Stuttgart area will always find refuge, memories, beer and whatever else you please. I would like to hear from everybody!

By the way, I have kbzillions of photos from 1979 on and will try to post them here somehow.

Get in touch!

Barbara Herrler

Georg-Friedrich-Händel Str. 1

73663 Berglen

Tel/Fax: (0) 7195 986535

bherrler@onlinehome.de