Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
THE AFRC TIMELINE - The final phase
JAMES CAREY
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2003 1:43:28 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Members

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

The time has come to put a close to THE AFRC TIMELINE.  What I mean to say is I want to wrap-up the writing of the TIMELINE.

I have received so many emails from all of you over the past few years yet there are so many that have not sent me their story.  Each and every one of you that spent any time with the AFRC family  needs to make their mark in history.  What and how you present your story makes this book a piece of history.

I know of many cities that “sell” you a place to make your mark.  A good example is here in Indianapolis where the city sold bricks to people in order to make a brick sidewalk around the Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis.  Names would be on the brick for everyone to see when walking around the circle.  You can “Google” your computer under “AFRC” or “Berchtesgaden” and thousands of sites will appear.  With the AFRC TIMELINE you can mark your place in the history of the AFRC family.  This will be the onetime you can become a part of history that only we, the RAIDERS, the guests, the family members, and the people that were stationed there can become.  And just think…..this is free.

In order to do this I am asking each and every one of you to help me wrap this up.  If you know of anyone that is not part of this project to have them contact me or put their story in a final version and send it to me.  Go to  the AFRC TIMELINE pages as found within the AFRCski web site.  Open the folder for the period of time you were there.  Re-read your contribution.  Re-think and then re-write your story.   If you have photos please send them to me.

I have attached a copy of my story.  It gives a little information of who I am.  I tried to give a little “in-depth” information about me.  Who I am, where I came from and the stories that made me part of the AFRC family.  That is what I wish you do.   Look at what you wrote and then build from there.   It takes time to put a puzzle together and believe me that after thirty four years it is even harder.  I wakeup at night with a name or something that happened during my years in Berchtesgaden.  I have to write it down or I will forget it.

Remember, you are the key to this writing.  Your story is just one of many chapters.  Years from now people searching information about the AFRC will see your story.  This is your book.  It is your life.  You will become part of a time that is not buried in some capsule but open for everyone to read.

I have two email addresses you can write to: 

james.carey@dfas.mil  or jcarey0423@yahoo.com

For the next six months please send everything to my word address at DFAS.  If you send photos and they don’t cross then send them to my Yahoo address.

Thanks for taking time to read this and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Safe New Year.

JIM CAREY  -  Retired Army

DoD DFAS  -  Indianapolis Center

Senior Enlisted Advisor and

Conference Coordinator AFRC BRA

(1970 - 1974)

edfeltis
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2006 11:13:39 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Jim,

Ed Feltis, GAP 1972/1974, and have been posting under the name Cookie for the nick name given while in Garmisch.  Is there a way of pulling my past posting over the years from the message boards?  Be nice to weave those stories into the history piece your undertaking.  THXS, Cookie...edfeltis@juno.com

JAMES CAREY
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2006 2:56:28 AM

Medals:

ED:

I have been thinking about pulling the thread and load into the new book.

What I am looking for is for each person to write their own story.  You know.....a BIO.

If you look at my bio, which was attached to the email that I sent out you will be able to put your life in the book as well.

JIM

JAMES CAREY
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 11, 2007 7:53:44 PM

Medals:

Just to keep everyone up-to-date I have received several BIO's.  With this the package is going to look good.

If any of you know of someone that has not sent me a BIO then please egg them along to get one completed.

I hope to have this completed by next fall and once it is finished I will load it into a CD which is more user-friendly.

To each and every one of you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

JIM and INARA CAREY

Bill Sutherland
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:44:19 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Jim;

Are you going to put mine online anytime soon??

Just wondering? Merry Christmas..!

Prost Neu jahr!