Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
The Passing of Sam Rogers
Haus
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2004 1:31:57 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Yes, we've 'lost' another fine member of our family - The note below was sent by Sam's daughter telling us of the sad news - Good bye Sam - God Bless YA SGM!!! Prosit!!!!

Dear All
My dear Dad and your Dear Friend Sam passed away last Sunday in Prescott, Arizona after a short illness. I was fortunate enough to make it over in time from England on the previous Tuesday to be with him in his last few days. And I can tell you he was still giving his orders Sargent Major style! He refused any pain relief till he decided enough is enough "Get me that nurse! I want those pills now!!" Then he started his journey to heaven.
There will be a ceremony at the VA in Prescott on Thursday 10am.
Please have a look at the website: www.ruffnerwakelin.com and click on Samuel Rogers.
He had a great life and he always maintained that if you had a good life you had the right to go.
Have a beer on Sam
with love
Beatrice
rickysums
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:32:13 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Thanks for the swift reply. I will do as you suggest and visit the website. My wife Veronique, who was the Sports Merchandise secretary at the time (working for Gerry Green, the Director) shed a tear at the news, she knew him well. Roger
rickysums
#3 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 8:07:42 PM

Medals:

Groups:

To the family of Sam Rogers - Before I reply in the way that I would like to it would be very important to know that it is the same Sam Rogers that I met in GAP in the early 80's. When I met the Sam R. that I knew he was working at the Sports Merchandise Warehouse. It was 81/82 and i was doing casual hours and Sam, larger than life that he was, guided me around the storage areas 'just the once' and then expected me to know where everything was (he was wearing a sly grin at the time). Anyway, if this is the same Sam I would like to say a few words through this media. Regards Roger B. (English muso doing part-time work)
Haus
#4 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 8:20:08 PM

Medals:

Groups:

One in the same - That is the Sam to which I am referring - There is a Guest Book at the following website: www.ruffnerwakelin.com - I don't know how much longer we will have access to his page - Just click on his name and go from there -