Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Heading Back to Cheimsee
MRussell
#1 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2003 1:56:07 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Just letting everyone know I will be spending the weekend of the 16/17th of May down either at the SeiserHof or the Gasthaus Chiemsee.  I plan on taking a bunch of pictures to show what the Hotel looks like now and the area.  Going to try and see what has happen to it since it closed ;(  I will post them here when I get back. If anyone is in the area! Lets get together and remember the good old times.  If anyone knows any contact information for those that worked there and stayed in the area.  Let me know.

Mark

AFRC!  Always F**g Rowdy and Crazy!

Ski Patrol 1980-81

sylvia
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:26:59 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Bill,

Too bad, we didn't meet.....oh....by the way...joes bar  used to be in Übersee.....in Prien we

have the Piraten Pub.... but joes bar is closed as far as I know.....Since all the crazy

American's from Chiemsee left i guess they decided  to shut their doors down as well !!!!

No more American's......no more wild party's.....less money!!!!.

So, write back if you have time.

Sylvia

sylvia
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:35:36 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Bill,

Too bad, we didn't meet.....oh....by the way...joes bar  used to be in Übersee.....in Prien we

have the Piraten Pub.... but joes bar is closed as far as I know.....Since all the crazy

American's from Chiemsee left i guess they decided  to shut their doors down as well !!!!

No more American's......no more wild party's.....less money!!!!.

So, write back if you have time.

Sylvia

Bill Sutherland
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:51:59 AM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sylvia;

Servus... I used to work for Joes' as a bartender when they opened up in 92. That place was filled with so many young girls...it was fun.
If you get a chance you can go to my web site and look at my pictures of Germany, that should be back some memories? I loved living in Bavaria, but in 95 when I sold my bar things were getting dull..no more fun.

Bill
sylvia
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2007 5:24:15 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Servus und Grüß Gott,

you worked at joes as a bartender??? I was there a couple times.... i must have crossed your

way one or two times but i never met you!!!! Isn't that funny???? I met soooooooo many

people in Chiemsee in 25 years.... ( God, what a long time ) you wouldn't believe it!!! Did I tell

you I was born and raised in Chiemsee? My Mom worked for AFRC 40 Years!!! Then she

retired  in March 2000.

So, let me have your web site adress, so i can look at your pictures!! Thank You

Sylvia

Smitty981
#6 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2007 12:20:07 PM

Medals:

Sylvia, Like all the others I will start with do you remember me. My name is Dave Smith I was a life guard at Chiemsee in the summer of 81. I remember you were 14 going on 20. Much smarter than your age. Dont you have a younger sister also I believe her name is Tina. I was there the same time Ollie and Mario were there. I used to go out with a girl fromAustralia named Beverly. She worked with your mom. Let me know if I am right.

Dave

sylvia
#7 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2007 2:01:47 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Well look..... of course i remember you.  Hi Dave....how are you doing?? Oh .. by the way, yes...my sisters name is tina....your right..... but now we are both old lady's....  Time just fly's...let me tell you...

So, were are you now??? In Germany`??? I guess you have heard that Chiemsee is closed???

It's a shame, believe me!!!!!!!!!! I spent the best years of my life at that place and met at least a million of wonderful people.

I'm happy to hear from everyone that remembers me and my familiy.

Thank you for contacting me......

Take care.......Sylvia

sylvia
#8 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 6:16:56 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Mark Russell,

i don't now if you remember me!!!! I was ...i think... something like 14 years old at the time when you where at Chiemsee...a blond  german girl named Sylvia?????

My Mom worked at the dining-room - Anni .- remember us???

I know, it's been a long time but i have just looked at old pictures in the internet under"AFRC Chiemsee, and i read your name.....i hope, you are the"Mark Russell" that i know.

If you want to send me a message here is my E-Mail Adress:

sylviakoehler@t-online.de.

You are coming down to Chiemsee in May???? Let me know....we'll meet then. I still live in the area and so does my mom.

Take care

Sylvia

Bill Sutherland
#9 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 7:59:21 PM

Medals:

Hey Sylvia;

Is there still a Joes Bar over in Prien? And what a shame you didn't meet me when I was there last summer?

Bill
Bill Sutherland
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:42:48 PM

Medals:

Go to www.sgtbilly.smugmug.com there are several but you need to look at anything with Berchtesgaden memories...
When I got hired at Joes' I had just returned from Desert Storm and we had moved from Bad Toelz in Dec 1990. I returned from Saudi in May of 1992. I think they opened in September 1992. I ran the bar, and gave it that American Flair. I remember spending New Years there in 92/93 and in May I opened my own Bar in Berchtesgaden until I sold it in 94 and left for Ansbach. When did you go there?

Smitty981
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:22:00 AM

Medals:

Sylvia

Like so many others I had to settle into reality and go to work. After the Army let me out I came back to the states and the Printing business. I have owned my own Label Printing Company in St Louis  for quite some time. Never made it back to Chiemsee although sometime I can sit on my Patio with a tall glass of Schnieder Weiss and it  seems like I am there.Never rule out the chance that I may get back some day. I have a 22 year old daughter that would like to go there. It is a shame the Lake Hotel is closed. So many memories that came out of the 1 summer I got to spend there. Cant imagine what it is like for you living there all that time. Take Care.

Dave

Summer 81

Bill Sutherland
#12 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 8:07:42 PM

Medals:

Go to www.sgtbilly.smugmug.com there are several but you need to look at anything with Berchtesgaden memories...
When I got hired at Joes' I had just returned from Desert Storm and we had moved from Bad Toelz in Dec 1990. I returned from Saudi in May of 1992. I think they opened in September 1992. I ran the bar, and gave it that American Flair. I remember spending New Years there in 92/93 and in May I opened my own Bar in Berchtesgaden until I sold it in 94 and left for Ansbach. When did you go there?
What are you going now???
MRussell
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:21:52 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Sylvia!!!,

Yes, it is the Mark Russell you remember from the Winter 80-81.  But, due to the death of my Mom I could not make the trip back to Germany this year.  I'll drop you an email from my military account.  Please give your Mom and Tina a hug from me!

Mark