Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Big Sky - Snowmobiling
Tim Conklin
#1 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2004 7:34:16 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

If you are coming to Big Sky, you might want to consider taking a day off from skiing to go snowmibiling in Yellowstone National Park, about 50 miles away. It makes for a fun day. Total cost, including sled rental, clothing, lunch at the lodge, is in the $150 to $175 range. Anybody interested???

From what I read of the park regulations, a reservation MAY be required. So think about it.

lambo
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2004 6:13:17 AM

Medals:

Groups: Administrators

Donna, Tim and others, It is looking like Wednesday might be a good day to do the Park thing. Donna, is there any way you guys could get there on Tuesday night? or do you already have plane tickets and the like? I am sure that other people would be going on the Thursday, but I sure would like to book up and entire group and not have any non AFRC types within our group.

I will book a set of 10 places if enought folks will commit to Wednesday. Please let me know if you are interested.

Merry Christmas and all that stuff.

Skierpauli

aka Paul S. Lambres

laura hollman
#3 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2004 10:54:43 AM

Medals:

Groups: Members

Hi Tim, 

Harry and I are interested in snowmobiling on Wednesday.  We still have all our gear from back in WI.  Any idea what cost would be without clothing? ( That didn't come out quite right, I don't mean we'd sled naked!)                            

Merry Christmas to all who read this....................Laura Hollman

Tim Conklin
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2005 1:45:17 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Laura,

Naked sledding.......sounds interesting. Though I think you should lose Harry if you want to ride 2 up . I looked at the snowmobile company website (Two Tops snowmobiles). It looks like clothing rental is about $15. 

Tim

donna
#5 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2007 2:53:20 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I'll be coming to the reunion with Mac McCumbie, as well as his neice Tabitha and nephew Seth.  I was at big sky last time and went on the Ski Mobile ride though the park and it was an outstanding day. and I love the opportunity to share it with my kids.  so sign us up.

We will be flying out and be at the T-Lodge on the evening of the 23rd. So whatever the day that you have enough people to participate is fine with us.

donna jones

Mac from Maryland
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:45:40 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello Paul.

I'm going to be flying in on Tuesday the 22nd,  along with my buddy Wayne,  He's definitely interested in going on the snowmobile trip, as am I. 

Please count on Wayne and I to go along on Wednesday. 

My sister Donna and her son SETH, and daughter Tabitha are flying in on the 23rd, and are still interested in going snowmobiling on the 24th. if there are others that are interested in a Friday trip Hopefully we'll be able to arrainge it on the fly. 

Mac McCumbie

lambo
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:15:28 PM

Medals:

Well then, we have 7 folks confirmed for Wednesday February 23 on a guided tour thru jellystone, eh, Yellowstone Park;  Dirty Harry and Lovely Laura, Deb Deskavich and Steve Roberto, Steve Ahnmark, Steve Lingnau and myself. We need 3 more to fill up an AFRC only tour which means we get to do it our way. You should figure almost $200 for the day. The snowmobile rental is $149. (AFRC discount); clothes rental is about $15 (most of us have enough ski stuff to not have to rent) $15 per snowmobile for park entrance fee and whatever you need for lunch aand souveners. The guide fee is fixed and is part of the snomobile rental, but we need to fill all 10 spots to keep from having a surcharge.

Anyone interested just respond to this post or contact me directly.

Thank you

AFRC Paul

lambo
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 3:36:24 AM

Medals:

Tim,

Great idea. Steve and I are all over it. We will do the Park on the Wednesday befor the reunion becomes official. Brad has several friends who run the snowmobile concessions and I will talk to him to see if we can get a bit of a break. There is a lot of politics on this issue and it is entirely conceivable that this might be the last year it can happen. In fact, this season was blocked for a while until a good judge overrulled the tree huggers. I love many trees, they are good for firewood and building houses.

AFRC Paul

Tim Conklin
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2008 3:40:26 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Paul,

I spoke with a rental shop in West Yellowstone. Park rules state that all snowmobiles be “guided”. Groups are max  10 sleds, going to either Old Faithful or the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Basically a 9 to 5 venture.  There is also a daily limit on the number of sleds allowed in the park.

If there was enough interest, we could probably form our own group. I think this may be a situation where interested individuals need to make a decision prior to the reunion.

Tim

donna
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 1:59:21 PM

Medals:

Groups:

We already have our tickets for wed. 23 and won't be in until the evening

so if you can get a group for thursday please let me know

donna

ddeskavich
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:21:52 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Paul and Tim,

Steve and I are interested in going on Wednesday!  Let us know what we need to do.

Thanks,

Deb Deskavich

laura hollman
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:08:29 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members

Hi Tim, 

Harry and I are interested in snowmobiling on Wednesday.  We still have all our gear from back in WI.  Any idea what cost would be without clothing? ( That didn't come out quite right, I don't mean we'd sled naked!)                            

Merry Christmas to all who read this....................Laura Hollman