Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
And it's gone
Joe Pritchard
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2005 12:40:45 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
It does make me sad but I just hope they don't level the place!

I hate to think that after all the time and money and effort that went into the renovation in the past 20 years.

So many of us enjoyed it so much over the years and to think that the escapades that we all had so much fun with will not be had by others is sort of heart breaking.

At least maybe they will now take down the wall that was built around it and it will be more open again.

I'm hopeing to get there next year about this time to visit the area and seeing Chiemsee and the old Rasthaus is one of those old friends.

It is a place where we had great friends and loves, a few missadventures and might have fractured a few laws. Some of us started families there. I seem to recall a few kids that resulted from visits there.

I brought all kids of people together from all over the planet.

Maybe now that it has been turned over to the Germans it can do that again.

Hearing the place is gone in one aspect is something like hearing a good friend died.

On the other hand it is like now the possibility has been raised that once again everybody can enjoy it.

But then I usualy hope for the best.

Joe Pritchard
doris
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2005 11:02:49 PM

Medals:

Groups:

every time I went back home, I did visit the Rasthause at least once. Last time I think was in the winter of 2002 or so. I met with Hans, the german skiinstructor and we had a few Weissbiers. But not in the bar, but outside where the fireplace used to be. The Rasthaus had changed so much from the time I first worked there and it made me  kind of sad. The bar had no longer the big round table  (with the extension  planks Sumner used once in the winter riot of 1978  - might have  been 79 and the German police was called in and sprayed everybody with teargas )but a small dancing stage where the round table used to be, and the rest was decorated in a nautical theme - shame on the interior designer. And they took out the big staircase,my favorite in the front where the tours office used to be. Iwonder what happened with all the big paintings in the dining room?
hultsman
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:37:20 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I assume that the Rasthaus am Chiemsee is now a German property? I certainly cant imagine them "taking it down".
I lived in the hotel from June of 1968 until December of 1969.
I was the US Army Medic and found that I became a citizen of the hotel; knew all the workers by name, spent time with them in their homes and tried to keep up correspondence once I returned home to America. I have returned many times, though not in the last 7 years.
Last time there I was able to visit with two of the old waitresses who remembered me; I visited as well with Fr. Bauer who once worked the small gift shop above the lobby.
My then girlfriend,later wife and ex wife, mother of my children, worked at Chiemsee as well; first as the phone operator, then desk clerk--a return to her family in Ramstein before coming back to Chiemsee to work as a putzfrau....just to be able to be there.

One of the most wonderful times of my life and I have and continue to have a great life.........

Should you know of either US or locals from the time I was there I would dearly love to find how to hear from them once again. I also have many,many pictures from that era that remain in excellent shape.....

Thank you for the post.
David Hultsman
Bart
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:54:31 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I wasn't part of the Chiemsee staff very long, April 2003-until a couple weeks after it's closing. I was transfered from Garmisch, unwillingly, but I was quickly accepted to the family. There is a special place in my heart for that place, that time that was shared. I have since gone back to the states, along with most everyone else, and continued doing what I did best. I was never a very good waiter, but somehow I enjoyed working in the dining room with people like Butters, Tim and Riz. It was like some sort of crazy spin-off of Cheers when we saw Adam, Fritz and Franz pulling beers and making drinks for us every night. I keep hoping someone has a 2nd chance for the Rasthaus and they reopen it as an AFRC facility. The place was special, the people are special and the experience will live on with everyone that was there at some time or the other. Unique, because you can never go back. I miss it everyday. Thanks to everyone for made it what it was, an eccentric cast of charactors I was proud to be a part of. Red Snappers for everyone-PROST!
Bart
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:58:12 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I wasn't part of the Chiemsee staff very long, April 2003-until a couple weeks after it's closing. I was transfered from Garmisch, unwillingly, but I was quickly accepted to the family. There is a special place in my heart for that place, that time that was shared. I have since gone back to the states, along with most everyone else, and continued doing what I did best. I was never a very good waiter, but somehow I enjoyed working in the dining room with people like Butters, Tim and Riz. It was like some sort of crazy spin-off of Cheers when we saw Adam, Fritz and Franz pulling beers and making drinks for us every night. I keep hoping someone has a 2nd chance for the Rasthaus and they reopen it as an AFRC facility. The place was special, the people are special and the experience will live on with everyone that was there at some time or the other. Unique, because you can never go back. I miss it everyday. Thanks to everyone for made it what it was, an eccentric cast of charactors I was proud to be a part of. Always happy to house a wayward soul in my Sumerhaus, I'll buy the first round, Red Snappers for everyone-PROST! Bart Treece, Scottsdale, AZ
Bill Sutherland
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2005 5:20:56 AM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

And its all fenced off so you can get in to look around? I´m sure the Germans will hold it for the very rich and your will have to have some real money to stay overnight there?? Just got back (Jul 2-4) took a bunch of pictures... sad, really its the first summer where no one is using the hotel. I noticed that all the boat docks were filled with German boats....and the boat house is full too... didn´t take them long for that one?

Mike
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2005 8:22:13 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Bill,
well fact is Bernau doesn't have a clue what to do with CRA.
That's why the mega-house-techno-part found open ears.
I remember the german campsite always yelling the cops when the skiboat was out later then 21:00.
So whats about the 180 bpm than ???
Its a shame what's happening down there.
Greets
Mike
Eddie
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2005 1:49:38 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi ,

Well it must have been sad to see it go I miss the bar and beers overlooking the lake ,,, I was at Chiemsee from 95 untill 98 before that in Berchtesgaden the best of times.

Eddie

Mike
#9 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2005 8:23:00 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Felden - Knapp 2000 Besucher haben am vergangenen Wochenende wieder in der Partyzone im «Rasthaus Felden» gefeiert. Vielleicht war es die letzte Party: Die Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Eigentümer des historischen Baus und des umliegenden 15-Hektar-Areals am Chiemsee, prüft gegenwärtig die Konzepte von acht Investoren aus der Hotel- und Freizeitbranche.

Die Anlage - noch bis Jahresbeginn Erholungszentrum für US-Soldaten - soll verkauft werden. Noch im August, so Bernaus Bürgermeister Klaus Daiber, soll der Käuferkreis auf wenige Favoriten reduziert werden.

«Mit ihnen führen wir dann vertiefende Gespräche», kündigt er gegenüber den Chiemsee Nachrichten an; die Gemeinde Bernau wird bei der Suche nach einem geeigneten Investor mitsprechen, schließlich schafft sie das Baurecht. Die Investoren, verrät Klaus Daiber, seien aus der Gegend und von auswärts. Einen persönlichen Favoriten hat der Rathauschef zwar noch nicht, aber mit einem Käufer aus der Region könne er gut leben. «Wer hier aufgewachsen ist, ist dem Raum mehr verpflichtet.» (sa)

Well i guess it is back to "Amt für Verteidigungslasten".
Mike
Mike
#10 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2008 4:24:24 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Allright now Bernau has the RASTHAUS back.
They allready had a great idea to use it.
They doing a huge 4 room partyzone in it :-(

Riesige Partyzone auf 4 Floors am
Chiemsee im Rasthaus Felden

So etwas war noch nicht da – auf 1.500 Quadratmetern Hotelfläche und einer großen Terrasse direkt am Chiemsee wird am Samstag, den 25. Juni im ehemaligen Rasthaus der Amerikaner in Felden eine gigantische Partyzone geöffnet. Bei dem seit geraumer Zeit geplanten, aber bislang geheim gehaltenen Projekt werden die besten und bekanntesten Party-Discjockeys der an- und umliegenden Landkreise mit von der Partie sein. Man darf also gespannt sein, denn das Rasthaus Felden erscheint als Location spektakulär, und seine Lage direkt an der Autobahnausfahrt Felden zwischen München und Salzburg könnte besser gar nicht sein.

Vor Ort werden die Besucher nicht enttäuscht sein:
Der Partyfloor 1 in der Hotelhalle (Kaminzimmer) bringt mit DJ Morlock (u.a. Troja, Bogaloo, usw.) und DJ KS die Partygarantie ins Haus. DJ KS (Tati's, Ballhaus & Upstairs Resident, Radio Galaxy-DJ, 4004 munich) hat die Rosenheimer Partyriege seit geraumer Zeit fest im Griff, und gilt ebenfalls als Garant für einen stimmungsgeladenen Partyabend.
Auf Partyfloor 2 im Erkerzimmer (Frühstückszimmer) liefert Zenzemilla (Panzerhalle, Poolparty Ruhpolding, Felsenkeller, Roots Club, usw.) ein Ragga- und Dancehall-Set, Unterstützung erhält er dabei von der Firedance Crew aus Reit im Winkl. Floor 3 über der Rezeption bringt Euch ND Agemoon. Er wird in Felden mit Claus MC (Viper Room, Eiskeller, Havanna Lounge) die Partygänger zum Glühen bringen.

Im gigantischen Hotelgang verwöhnt euch Mick Thammer (republic cafe Salzburg) mit chilligen Grooves á la Café del mar...

Die Chill Out Zone auf der großen Seeterrasse bringt den Sommer ins Haus.

Now i know why they've always wanted the area back.To tar it down in a way nobody is visualized at once, better bit by bit :-(
Greets
Mike
JAMES CAREY
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:13:32 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Members

When AFRC pulled out what happened to the sail boat that was refitted by the Water Patrol and the jet boat with the Olds 425 quad?    If they left that behind someone should be taken out and whipped behind the gasthof.

Another thing.........is Eva still there? 

hildee
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:01:05 AM

Medals:

Groups:

yes, eva is still there, i just saw here a few days ago,

hi to all who remember me, i worked at chiemsee from 1983-2003, in the cafeteria as a cashier.

hilde

Mike
#13 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 2:57:29 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi James,
looks like the boathouse is still in use but by the
Felden Yachtclub, at least it isn't wasted.
Good Question about Eva, next time i have a look after her.
Greets
Mike
Mike
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:22:10 AM

Medals:

Groups:

CRA was given back to germans on 28.12.2004.
No ceremony, no demonstration, nothing.
Just like "here you have it back, thank's for the fish" :-(
Mike