Tag as favorite
THIRTY FIVE YEARS-WOW!!!!!
Bill Sutherland
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:33:24 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I do...*smile!

The odd thing was I was watching AFN one evening in 1981 and saw this news piece about reunions....there I saw a 5 minute video on the soldiers who used ski and work at AFRC. Image how weird I felt!
mikeglass
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:36:00 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

You got the name because you look like Clint Eastwood.  Wish I was in Montana, maybe next year for number 36.

Bill Sutherland
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:30:59 AM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

And here I thought it was because of his popular (dirty) songs he used to sing and made or got all of us to sing whit him at Werners... right after he landed in B'gaden in 73?

Hey Harry... remember who lent you his “moon boots” because your feet were so cold when you worked as a lift operator???

MSG Sutherland sends from Korea...b/c it fun here...!!! Good luck at the awards ceremony and keep me posted!!

Bill (aka' Billy)!!

Dirty Harry
#4 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 7:10:50 PM

Medals:

Groups:

It seems like only yesterday that Denny Dyamic ( Anderson) and I were sitting in Verners in Berchtesgaden discussing getting together to ski when we got out of the Army. We decided to meet in Salt Lake City on Feb 1, 1975, Denny's Birthday, to ski with Doc and Wanita. 75 peoklpe from all over the country and 4 Continents showed up to  ski with us Yeeeah.  At least thats according to the article in the Salt Lake City  Deseret News on Thurs Feb 6, 1975.  A reunion was born  and thanks to Kernel Bazz for getting us to all sign up and do it again. I'm pulling out as much of my memoirs as I can find to take along to the Milestone 35th AFRC Garmisch/ Berchtesgaden/Chiemsee Reunion.   I can't wait!!!!  Harry Hollman ,aka Dirty Harry ( ok who besides Lambo knows how I got that nick name? )

burt.sperry@gmail.com
#5 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 4:30:00 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Burt Sperry here and glad to be dialed back in after 35 years, Holy Shit!!   Got here with a visit to Joe Bavaria and his new Dee in Pleasanton last month.   He put me in touch with Paul and here I am!!

Salt Lake??!!##**++ ,  1974 and I was sent to a bar to look for Mr. Chip Moran, who I was going to visit on my way to Alaska.  No idea that it was pure history in the making!!!

On arrival at the bar, the windows were completely fogged over and inside the music could be heard all the way to Snowmass. To see if I was in the right spot, I started wiping off the glass on the outside and then saw a hand doing the same from the inside,  wiping off the blood, sweat, beers and tears!!! When the fog cleared!!!  The only thing I saw peering out from the inside was the face of Moge!!!  Holly Shit!!!  Had no idea that I had stumbled on the right spot for history in the making.   

Three days later I woke up and was off to Alaska.  A good time had by all:  First 1974 party!!!!

With 32 years out of the US, doing South America, Panama, and now beautiful Down Town Tijuana, I have never had the chance to make another reunion.  Hope to make Telluride in 2010.  What a trip down memory lane that would be.   It would be great if all the past (72-74), present and unborn Raiders that are still out there got to show up.  Keep on with the vision and tradition.

Anybody that needs a dose of Tacos, Tequila and Bullets-a-flying come on down.

Later,

Burt

burt.sperry@gmail.com

011 52 1 664 108 2673 TJ cell

619 861 6671   San Diego cell

burt.sperry@gmail.com
#6 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 4:36:36 AM

Medals:

Groups:

ups was 75