3 Pages123>
Tag as favorite
Searching
stephen
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2004 11:10:45 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
trevor cox  well i think its u my name is steve doolan from liverpool i lived in the annax when u were there, i worked with chris atkinson and bobby doherty and then mick malone and dave formby all scouseres i was a hausemeister i think i remember u goin to sri lanka any way if its u hope u remember me and the lads  and hope to hear from u soon .
trevor cox
#2 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2004 8:42:05 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Stephen!! I remember the name mate but cant put the face to you, I am sorry. I have wondered for a long time what happened to all the lads, I left with Cliff do you remmebr him? We went to work in Corfu!!  Mick Malone was a good mate of mine as was all the boys from the Pool!! 

I have just got to work mate, I will write aa longer note back soon.

Take care

Trevor

trevor cox
#3 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2004 3:59:58 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello again. Well what a blast from the past, I only went on to this site as I wanted to find out what happened to everyone. I live in West Sussex now, never got married again!!  I work for a well known law firm as the Facility Manager and have been here for 16 years!!

I have fond memories of those days when we all worked and lived in Chiemsee.

What are you doing with your life?

Any idea where the boys went to Kevin,Cliff.Ron.Mark Wakemean, or the girls Caroline,Yvonne ect

If you have email address I can contact you direct.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

What a great site this is, its missing a few English contacts though!!!

stephen
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2004 10:09:38 PM

Medals:

Groups:

hi trevor

thanks for getting back  mate im sure u will remember me before long, glad to hear your doing well, mick malone is living in new zealand, we keep in touch by  email. i dont know whether you remember cliffs younger brother , his name was phil he worked in chiemsee for a while and then worked over in prien sadly he killed himself  a few years ago.i havent seen cliff since. i was good mates with mick we had some great laughs i worked in the kitchen and then as a hausemeister great times. ok trvor hope to hear from u soon  take care mate    stephen

trevor cox
#5 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2004 7:05:36 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Stephen, Great to hear from you mate. I was very sorry to hear about Phill I do remember him, he had a troubled time if I recall. If you are in contact with Mick can you give him my direct email mate? tcox@farrer.co.uk I would love to hear from him.

What about you, what are you up to these days?  Do you remember Kevin and the lads? where are they all now?

I would love to get the lads together for a few beers what do you think?

What was the name of the tall guy who worked in recreation, I think he was from the pool?

Stephen stay in touch mate.

doris
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 1:08:47 AM

Medals:

Groups:

reading some of the messages, I came across yours and your name stuck in my head all evening. All kind of a sudden : of course I remember Trevor. And Mark Wakeman, almost setting ski issue on fire one winter. Ron was still working there about two years ago when I went back to visit and meet with Hans, the "German Gigolo". Back then I worked there as ski and windsurf instructor. Thinking about those crazy days brings back fond memories.
Doris
trevor cox
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 2:55:26 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Doris,

The name rings a bell!!  But I cant put a face to it.  Did we really set the Ski Issue on fire?  I am sure I was seen as a bit of a terror in those days, anywhere Mark Wakeman and I went we seemed to gather storm clouds!!

I am not in touch with anyone apart from Yvonne who I have contacted recently. I would like to find Ron again-where was he living the last time you saw him?  Yes I remember Hans the Gigalo-he was a nice guy though-do you know what happened to Sumner who use to work in ski patrol and watersking

I think this web site is great, I have not put my finger on it but we all must have had something in common at that time. I hope life finds you well, I would like to hear from anyone from those days-please keeep in touch and if you are in the UK let me know.

My email is

tcox@farrer.co.uk

trevor cox
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 2:56:36 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Stephen, Whats the latest mate?
doris
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 4:33:32 PM

Medals:

Groups:

hi Trevor

great hearing from you

not sure where Ron lived the last time I saw him. It was in the winter of 2001 I believe and he worked up at ski issue.
yes,I do know what happened to Sumner - we were married for 16 years. Maybe now you remember me.Sumner got remarried last summer and still lives in Mobile, Alabama.I dont remember Yvonne, but ran into Cliff and some of his friends about 4 years ago at the Chiemsee Hotel.

Over the years I have lost touch with most people from those days. Once in a while I hear from Teresa (John and Teresa) or from Neil Folsom, and around x-mas from Glenn Groom.

keep in touch, doris

trevor cox
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 4:59:55 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Doris

Of course I remember you now!!!!

The last I heard about  you was that you joined the Coast Guard and  I heard you were flying aircraft for them?  Wow isnt this interesting after all these years. I cant really remember what year I left in but I suppose I can work backwards.

I think this site is great but not used by the brits much. If you are in contact with John,Theresa,Neil and Glenn say hi to them. Do you remember Bert Tavender?

Whats happening in your life these days? What are you doing now-still in recreation?  I travelled after AFRC went all over the world and ended back here in my home country. I think the years spent at Chiemsee were real eye opening and interesting. Having AFRC on my CV has been a great help to me in my years of employement even though I nearly burnt down the ski issue!!!

Great to hear from you, keep in touch and let me know any gossip or news from the old days.

All the very best to you.

trevor cox
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 4:59:55 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Doris

The last I heard about  you was that you joined the Coast Guard and  I heard you were flying aircraft for them?  Wow isnt this interesting after all these years. I cant really remember what year I left in but I suppose I can work backwards.

I think this site is great but not used by the brits much. If you are in contact with John,Theresa,Neil and Glenn say hi to them. Do you remember Bert Tavender?

Whats happening in your life these days? What are you doing now-still in recreation?  I travelled after AFRC went all over the world and ended back here in my home country. I think the years spent at Chiemsee were real eye opening and interesting. Having AFRC on my CV has been a great help to me in my years of employement even though I nearly burnt down the ski issue!!!

Great to hear from you, keep in touch and let me know any gossip or news from the old days.

trevor cox
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 4:59:55 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Doris

doris
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 11:03:11 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi Trevor

its great talking to you. I think I do remember Bert, wasn't he a kind of quiet tall fellow with brown hair? And didn't he live in Aschau?

We left Chiemsee in 1986 after Parker Bradley took over Bob Divines job and tried to reinvent the wheel, and eventually firing Sumner. After Chiemsee I just could not see myself in a conventional 8-5 job and yes, I did go to the States and found myself a few days later in the Coast Guard. It was quite another adventure and even though it was supposed to last only one assignment I stayed with the Guard for 13 years. It was great until they transferred me to New Orleans - after that I had enough of the military games.

Well, I am still in New Orleans, now a single mom of a six year old, Maximilian, doing occasional freelance work in Graphic Design. No more recreation jobs. Sumner worked in recreation, last time for the Navy in Pensacola. But I am not sure what he does these day.

Years ago, while I was stationed in Oregon, Bob Divine - remember him? - came to visit after he married Dagi ( she was in training for hotel/hospitality management at Chiemsee Hotel) and before getting transferred to Japan. That was the last I heard of him. Do you remember Derek Tuttle or Tootle? Years ago, Mike Ike came to Savannah and we spent a few fun days together.Wonder what happened to him, never heard from him again. Remember Gary, a summer TDY and Susi Dahnk (worked for the hotel)? For a long time they lived in Ohio, but split up since then and she is back in Germany.

Its great catching up, and while writing I start to remember things long forgotten. Now it just seems like a big puzzle, but maybe one day we can put the pieces together.

ps: no matter how many paragraphs I put in my reply, once submitted it is all smashed together. Any ideas?
take care
doris

doris
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2004 11:35:12 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Joe
great to hear from you.
It seems that a lot of the old chiemseeites settled in Seattle. When you worked at Bad Aibling, was there a Barbie Shinners (british girl) working there? Her husband, Don was one of the original three musketeers along with Sumner, Wesley ( Clat? ) Guy Smith and another TDY from those days. Now that I think back, I seem to remember the strangest things - like the sit in at the bar one night. Don't remember what the protest was about, but Guenther was the bartender and all of us sitting on the floor around the bar. I remember Andre from Berchtesgaden, possibly Clark Smithson, Cliff and a ton of other people, Trevor?
Later that evening we all went outside, hiding in the bushes and ended up talking a drunk GI out of dodging cars on the Autobahn. Those days at Chiemsee definitely marked my further development, not sure if it helped but it feels great to look back and smiling/smirking at all the crazy happenings back then.
you mentioned Pamela Weber. Didn't she date Doug Palmer ( now in New Zealand I think) and got sick after we left? Do you remember Peter Meyer?
this site is great, meeting some of the old crew once again and remembering the crazy days that have definitely played a role in my further development. A few years ago I ran into Sepp Stefan while I was visiting Chiemsee - he was still the same, never changed. Still thinking about the times when Bob Divine fired Sumner, Neil and John at least twice a week?
Have you seen the Hotel after the renovation? It was absolutely awful, even though they hung an upside down cayak in the old bar and created a "disco area" where the old roundtable once stood.
Joe Pritchard
#15 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2004 6:03:21 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Doris I had a great time with Barb and Don Shinners I took them and thier KIDS on a number of trips to places like Paris and skiing. They were great people. I don't remmember the sit in but I may have been doing a night tour some place. Pam Webber is back in the Chiemsee area and i forget what it is but she is sick but stridding right along. The only Peter Meyer I knew was the nice one that was a cook but I heard stories about the other that went on to work for Luftthansa. Hey Bob even fired Me once, just once but after a few calls I was back on board and even got paid for the days I was "fired". Damn ,the names up there bring back some memories.
Steffi
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2004 7:29:13 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Well this certainly brings back memories. I was at Chiemsee from 82 to 84 and worked in Tours with Frau Braun, remember her, the old witch? After that I transfered to Major Mullins office and worked with Bert Tavender, Teresa and Bob Divine.
Of course I also remember Joe, Doris and the rest. What happened to John and Teresa? Are they still in Seattle? Does anyone know what ever happened to John Hoyem?
Someone mentioned Pam Weber. As far as I know, she is living in Übersee with her two daughters. I´m in contact with Barbara Herrler. She is living outside of Stuttgart and has a great job as a translator for a medical company. Anyone remember Mike Huffman? As far as Barbara tells me, he is also in Germany, somewhere near Aachen.
I´m still in the area, living in a small town near Rosenheim. I´m married and have two daughters, age 11 and 5.
After I left Chiemsee, I went to Munich to work for a computer magazin. Got stuck there and am still working part time.
It would be great to hear from anyone who remembers me (and those who don´t) and catch up.
doris
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2004 9:03:44 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Steffi, great to hear from you. I always wondered what happened to you. Sure remember Frau Braun, especially when she was in a bad mood. John and Teresa are still in Seattle (last time I heard from them was christmas) and they have a little son. Also remember Barbara Herrler - in 1985 I got a little kitten from her, Cookie, and took him to the States with me. He went on to be probably one of the oldest cats (19) and I just lost him a few months ago. Do you still live in Au? Every six months or so I visit Kolbermoor, still miss Bavaria a lot and I plan to return one day for good.
Engcheff
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2004 12:23:59 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Stevie Doolan , I can't believe it,s you. This is your old Paris trip mate Phil (Pip) not too sure what name I went by back then. Do you remember ?

Cheers

Engcheff
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2004 12:23:59 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Stevie Doolan , I can't believe it,s you. This is your old Paris trip mate Phil (Pip) not too sure what name I went by back then. Do you remember ?

Cheers

carla
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2004 1:38:24 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Well, well, well....how interesting is this?!  :-)  Thanks to Mrs Pip for clueing me into this website.  Reading these postings certainly is blast from the past.  Chuckling at mention of old witch Frau Braun!  Forgot about her.  Hope all's well with Trevor, Joe, et al.