3 Pages<123>
Tag as favorite
Searching
johnH
#21 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2004 12:03:21 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

well, hello there steffi. i have known about this site for awhile but just fired it up on a whim today. i lived in munich until 1996 then got transferred to portland, or and have been here since. i was in munich last sept and heard from someone that you were living down around aibling somewhere. are you still frau mutzbauer?

john and teresa just moved to a new house in seattle and have a 5 year old son. i'm driving up there tomorrow and will say hi for you if i see them.

my email address is in my profile so why don't you drop me a line? there is a chance i will be visiting munich in october in which case i might drop by.

hugs....john hoyem

Joe Pritchard
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2004 9:52:04 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Tevor Cox I can remember from the first meetings when he was at the front desk.
When I first arrived at Chiemsee I didn’t have a room at first and the front desk staff put Me up in a room at the hotel. On My first night there was the great mooning party contest when a bunch of the staff got fired for showing off some of the finest asses in Bavaria. Imagine they got fired for that!
Ron Estrela, I always remember him for amazing energy. There never seemed to stop and that seemed to go very well with a number of the ladies. Once Bob Devine and Frau Braun had this idea that I should learn Cross country skiing and take groups out on full moon nights. Ron took Me out with the group that he had been instructing for three days already and I was supposed to learn what in one day what he had taught them in 3 days. We started out in the parking lot Steinplatte and went up a hill. Ron was of course in the front and I had all I could do to keep up with them. We get to the top of the hill and he announces that we will now go down commiting the high speed turns the group had been learning the day before They had learned them I did not. I listened as he explained them how it all worked. I can never claim that I was any kind of a good skier but Ro was so enthusiastic and motivating that I BELIEVED I could do it! I made it all right But my eyes were about as big as saucers and the first beer went down real fast followed by a shot of Ostler. I went from never having been on cross country skis to shooting down a hill on a tree lines trail about as fast as I ever did in Alpine skis.

I recall Mark Wakeman as working as a cook at Chiemsee and he and Trvor were always tight friends. Mark used to live down at the end of the Waldhiem with his girl friend a short gal that I should be able to recall.. Charlotte I believe.

My memories of Al Warren goes back to the days in Berchtesgaden whn we were both TDY’s. There was a time when Al and his roommate went skiing in Garmisch and ended up snow blind. Al and his room mate would were walking around, both with eyes covered in patches. Al would have let his bland house mate led when ever they went out, two two blind guys wandering around Berchtesgaden. I asked All one time as theywere trying to make their way down the steps in the barracks why is housemate led. Al said of course I let him led. There are lots of white guys around here. Brothers are rare, gotta protect me.
Joe Pritchard
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2004 10:16:38 PM

Medals:

Groups:

steve doolan from liverpool blonde curly hair, I don’t remember what the job was but I do remember you. Just the other day Laura sent Me a picture that had chris atkinson and bobby doherty it among others. Emmit Malone I remember from working with in the Tours office with me. When he first started in the tours office he asked me how much time we got for lunch I said an hour so he went home for lunch. Pedaled there and had luch staying home for an hour. By the time he got back he had been gone for over an hour and ahalf! You gott love a guy that can do that! I used to give him a hard time about his Irish accent and he would practice “THIS THAT THESE and THOSE that the way the TH GOES! MHE would work so hard on it. One day we had a 33 people on a tour and he came in to tell me “Thirdy tree people.” He was all excited and all the practicing went out the window. “How many?” I asked. One more dan Thirdy two and one less then Thirdy four!” How he ever came up with all the patience to put up with Me I’ll never know.
micam
#24 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2004 11:47:53 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Trevor

Mick Malone here remember me?.Now living in NZ married little girl Grace.

Account manager for Puma New Zealand would be good to hear from you,

Also do you know what ever happend to Robbie?

cheers

Mick Malone

Steffi
#25 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:00:55 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey Doris, Trevor and all,

Doris, what a great memory you have, yes, still in Au and Kolbermoor has become a place that I drive through occasionally (or stop for ice cream).

Would be great, if we could get together next time you´re in the area.

I told Barbara Herrler about this site and she said to say hello. She recently became a grandma! Her daughter Christina had a daughter about 6 months ago. Quite scary considering, we all knew Christina when she was a kid. So now she is married and living in a village near Wasserburg.

This site does strange things to you. Lot´s of memories and it´s hard to believe, that 20 years have gone by.

Greetings to all

Steffi

George Archer
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:08:28 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello Mick, you old scouce git. I got an e-mail from Robbie this morning, spooky or what. I've told him about this sight so he should be on soon. So, how's life down under. Who is Stevie Doolin. I can't for the life of me think who he is. I must have been really pissed for that one.

G

trevor cox
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:40:23 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi George,

Trevor here from London. I dont know if you remember me ( the quiet one ! )

Where are you located? I have managed to contact some of the old team and its great hearing all the stories about those heady days.

Hope to hear from you.

My email is

tcox@farrer.co.uk

AlexB
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:41:15 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Oh dear seems like the past catches up with us all eventually.

I am Alex and I used to live in the Waldheim (from 86) and then moved to Garmisch to work at the Abrahms. I studied at the Hotel and when Chiemsee closed for their refurb, I went to Garmisch.

Funny enough, I will be there then end of October.

Nice to see that the site is up and running and that so many people are using the MB.

I have just been having some flash backs on what used to happen during those crazy years.

Lekylark
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2004 7:30:12 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Alex,

Did you work in the office at the Abrams, when Matt was manager??

You say you will be in Garmisch at the end of Oct, are you going to the grand opening?

Sue Leky

AlexB
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2004 12:22:47 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi All, Hi Sue!

I wondered how long it would take to get a reply.

Yes, I used to work for Matt. I wonder what ever happened to him. I heard some time ago that Pino Pieri sadly passed away.

Yes, I'll be over for the Grand Opening. Got a call from my mate Stephanie who used to work there and then she went on to work for Rich Gorman at Dragon Hill. I hear that Sue and Randy are there too.

Will you be there? I'll fly in from London on Friday afternoon and will catch up with Steph as she will be travelling from Darmstadt - so hopefully we'll catch up in Munich.

Send me a direct mail if you like   acb_1968@yahoo.com - it would be great to see you - especially now that we are all grown up (hahaha)

Love, Alex

micam
#31 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2004 9:12:53 AM

Medals:

Groups:

George how the hell are yer?I heard you were back in the fatherland.

Things are good mate here in NZ.You dont remember Stevie Doolan good boy worked as hausmeister.May have been after you left.Stay in touch wee man.

Mick

carla
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2004 2:05:07 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Georgie!  what's your email?  I've been looking for you.  My office email is carla.macmullen@osd.mil  Will be in London next week and will have drinks with Trevor.  I'm sure your name will come up in conversation!  I'm bringing old photos.  Drop me a line.  Carla
Taff
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2004 1:06:47 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi mick,

Taff here.

How are you. I was looking for you on the net some time ago but found nothing.

I'm living in Liverpool now. Been there 5 years. Just where Bootle football groung used to be. It's a fitness centre now.

How's Amanda doing ?

Cheers

Taff

trevor cox
#34 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2004 1:11:50 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Thanks Joe.

I am meeting Carla tonight here in London after twenty years!! Hello to everyone.

kelly03germany
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:30:06 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Sue, did you come across any of those old pics? May be one of Alex and I hiding in that pile somewhere as we were always going out dancing!!!!
micam
#36 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2004 7:49:46 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Taff sorry mate which one are you?I lived in Chiemsee for 10 years I knew quite a lot of

Welshmen.

Mick

George Archer
#37 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2004 1:12:16 PM

Medals:

Groups:

I've only got one thing to say to you Taff - Baaaaaaaa. How's it going, what are you doing in Liverpool, do you still see big Dave and Cliff. Mick, what are you working as, etc. I see Robbie has not appeared, probably pissed (only joking). So who else is out there.

Cheers

George

carla
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2004 8:01:35 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hey George! Check your email. Good question: whatever happened to big Dave & Cliff?  SHOCKED that Mick lived in Chiemsee for 10 yrs!  Mick, did you ever learn German?  Trevor & I had good time reminiscing about Chiemsee. Your name came up a bit...crazy stories I hadn't heard before.  :-)  I thought Derrick Tootle was your cousin?  Trevor is trying to track him down.  Carla
Taff
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2004 11:03:02 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Hi again Mick.

It's Mark Jones from Mental Rental

micam
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 03, 2004 8:49:26 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Taff good to hear from you.Amanda is well and gives her regards.

Have you heard anything of big Dave?What are you up to in Bootle?

Sad to hear Chiemsee closed. I dont know were Ron ,Franz and Dave have gone.

I think Brady is back in L,pool my sister seen him a few weeks ago.

It Would be good to hear from the old rental crowd.

Take care

Mick