Tag as favorite
Musician's AFRC BAND
Mac from Maryland
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2005 1:31:27 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Vie Gehtz, Raiders:

I was perusing some of my photos from the Sun Valley reunion of 2004, and got caught up reminiscing the various events from that party. 

I sure enjoyed the jam session we had in that room way away, far away, from all the rest of the Sun Valley lodge.  

In that vein, I’m putting forth the proposition that all those and any others that would like to: "That we should make plans on another music jam at the upcoming BIG SKY, MT. Reunion."
     I’d suggest that those whom might have an interest in doing so connect beforehand with the object of working out a basic play list that we’d all be able to practice prior to the reunion. 

I’m not in any way saying that it’s got to be chiseled in stone or written in blood. But I know I’d be much more confidant if we had a common ground of musical selections that we could work from. 
       I’d also very much like to get some input from TEX “OGDEN, UT.” for the song we did that one night, that he wrote.  “UP IN DAVE’s ROOM”
       So, Jim Wilson, TEX, Steve McClallum, Steve Roberto, plus any one else that would like to jump in.  IF, we could either use the AFRC Bulletin Board to coordinate some selections or connect online via our own web addresses maybe we can come up with something. 

Too bad we can’t get DON the Bartender from Sun Valley to head to BIG SKY he was impressive on the guitar.  I’m sure I’ve left out plenty of others, but not intentionally just the effects of 5 decades of corrupted memory. 

I’ll connect with Steve Roberto and Steve McClallum whom are here on the OST COAST.  If anyone knows Tex’s “Real Name and address” and can relay it to me I’ll send him a letter also.  The same goes for Jim Wilson.  So, mostly I need some feedback and addresses. 

Hope everyone is doing PREMA, looking forward to hearing from you’all and attending at BIG SKY.. MAC From MARYLAND

Mac from Maryland
#2 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 12:01:07 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Hello niekto,,, (PAUL?)

Sorry to have left you out.  Glad to hear from you.  Also heard from Steve McClallen mcclallen@ll.mit.edu  in Vermont.  He's expressed an interest.  as has my gig partner, Wayne Jordan WVJORDAN@aol.com  .  Steve is a guitarist as is Wayne.  I play the FEDUG, "Irish Pennywhistle"  I'd like to start out by suggesting we include "UP IN DAVE's ROOM" but it hinges on getting the lyrics and notation or a sample from TEX "Odgen Utah"  I don't have his address, web or snail mail.  Hopefully someone will connect us.  As "IRISH" is where I spend most of my time musically, I'd can offer up many songs, but will start out with FISHERMAN's BLUES by YOUNG DUBLINERS, STREETS OF LONDON by RALPH McTELL,  and THE STAR OF THE COUNTY DOWN,  Irish Traditional. and just to shake things up,  LOCOMOTIVE BREATH by JETHRO TULL.  I've some others to present, but will hold off to see what happens from here.  I'm not even sure if I can send an attachment via this BB, so I'll attempt to relay the above mentioned music via a personal e-mail attachment.  I've not done this before so, I'm bound to mess it up.  Keep in touch and anyone else I may have failed to mention, please step up.  The more musicians that respond the less chance of my mistakes being heard.  MAC from MARYLAND mac64jag@aol.com

Mac from Maryland
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 9:54:37 PM

Medals:

Groups:

So far I've heard from Paul Bednar, Steve Mclallen, and Wayne Jordan.  Also heard from Deb Deskavitch.  Seems I was incorrect in thinking Steve Roberto was playing music.  It was Barry, Kim Turley's husband.  So, Barry, or Kim, get in contact.  Deb also informed me that "TEX" last name is Caroll.  Still waiting for more on that.  I'm hoping to hear from Jim Wilson too. Somebody give him and Tex a nudge.  PROSIT!   
niekto
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 10:06:17 PM

Medals:

Groups: Members, Photo Posting, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

From one of those whom you left out, and one of those who plans to be at the next reunion, I agree most heartedly.  We also need to discuss who will bring what and how many instuments.  Also, songs can now be recorded and transmitted via email attachments.  All it takes is some basic equipment, a little knowhow, and at least two individuals who care to do it.